ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turners Pedals & Footrest...

bought a footrest and a set of replica pedals from turner, thought i would take pics as i went along!

Note: I didnt acctually use the accellerator pedal that turner sent me, as i already had a pedal assembly from a 172 on there....anyway

First i went about removing the plastic footrest from the car, then gave it a clean over. Everything else below is what turner sent in the package :)

IMG_0001.gif

IMG_0002.gif

Next.... held turners footrest over the plastic one, and marked where it needed drilling....

IMG_0003.gif

Then i realised i didnt have a rivet gun, so after searching on here lol, i saw someones post saying Wilkinsons sold them for a couple of quid. Off i went, and i got a rivet gun and a load of rivets for 4 quid, even though i didnt need the additional rivets...

So i drilled the holes, then put the rivets in....

IMG_0005.gif

...Finished them with the rivet gun, and wola:

IMG_0010.gif

He also sent a stainless screw to replace the black Torx one that usually holds the footrest down.........all fitted:

IMG_0012.gif

Next.... I had to drill the brake and clutch pedals that turner had sent, so they could be riveted onto the pedals on the car.... I made a template from a 182's rivets, and drilled the clutch and brake accordingly....

IMG_0015.gif

IMG_0016.gif

so after drilling the pedals, i used a little scribe tool to mark the pedals on the car, so the holes were drilled in the right place....then attempted to drill them...

IMG_0020.gif

i say 'attempted' because two drill bits i had shattered, and i had only done 1 hole! i didnt know what else i could use.....after speaking to ben_p, he said get a one for drilling hardened steel, which i did......

before i could, i had to make a little rig to hold the pedal in place while i pushed against it.....screwdriver ftw

IMG_0021.gif

did the holes, put the rivets in, riveted them, and the clutch was done :)

IMG_0022.gif

next, i scribed the brake pedal, and drilled that also..............on the last hole, this happened! the new drill bit snapped FFS!

IMG_0027.gif

anyways i managed to get the brake on...

IMG_0024.gif

IMG_0026.gif

as i said at the beginning, i already had a 172 accellerator pedal, so i didnt need to use turners accellerator pedal, il save that incase i ever need it :)

looking at it though, it was all dirty and manky, so i decided to drill the rivets out, clean it, then rivet it back on...

IMG_0028.gif

IMG_0029.gif

IMG_0032.gif

fitted it back to the car, and they were all done :)

IMG_0065.gif

IMG_0071.gif

the replica pedals look exactly how a sport does, well near enough :boring:

DSC_0016-1.jpg

just a couple of others seeing as im a pic *****....

IMG_0038.gif

IMG_0050.gif

IMG_0036.gif

IMG_0047.gif

finally, a big thanks to turner for some top quality products :D

titanic killer
Very nice jord,i especially like the screwdriver tool,lol
smart motor too,very very lowwww;)

M

mini-valver

Did it in the end then, lol! Looks mint, I was properly impressed with the pedals when I got them too.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I really like your car. Put a 182 engine in it, and big brakes, and sell me it :)

Dan

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Great work!

I imagined having to drill the pedals might be a bit of a mare. I see it was an easy job then, lol.

good work fella looks very smart. wot seats you got in it btw?

sparco revs.......on custom subframes though so really low

Great work!

I imagined having to drill the pedals might be a bit of a mare. I see it was an easy job then, lol.

erm lol...it wasnt easy at all LOL, quite a lot of work to get all the holes lined up and then getting the drill through the pedal lol

M

mini-valver

Can't wait to get mine on TBH. If I can ever pay for this f**king ECU! Stupid payment site :(

ive no idea pmsl...........nick phoned up pretending to be by bro, he said they will be guaranteed done by end of week, so jams is picking them up for me on sat when his bro's are RS tuning with the meg

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Great work - i was interested as to see how you connected the accelerator pedal seemed rather simple :S sort those side stripes and bumper LOL :)

ALF

Blue ph1
I am definitely in love with your car... It does look so sexual :eek: ... and those Sparco seats look sooooooo great! :cool: