ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV / Surround Sound Help

BMW F21 125d
Help. Recently purchased the following.

Sony KDL 40w4500 TV, Sony DAV-DZ260 5.1 Surround Sound and a PS3.

I have the surround sound and PS3 connected to the TV via HDMI Cables, all works fine, I also have an Optical Cable between the PS3 and DVD to get surround sound on Blu Rays and Games, but for the life of me I dont seem to be able to get standard TV through my surround sound!

I've checked all the settings on the TV, set it to external output etc, and nothing, just silence, do i need another cable between the DVD and TV? I'd have like to have thought that I would be able to tell my very inteligent TV to send sound down the HDMI ?

DVD is on correct function "TV" as per using it for the PS3 too.

All/Any help appreciated.

Ta :S

Cupra
There should be a speaker output from the TV with a red and white tulip connector. I dont think that it can use the HDMI as a two way connection?

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
the hdmi ports on yout tv are input only, you need to run an optical from tv to home theater (if it has an optical out, if not then red/white phono)

BMW F21 125d
Ok, have run an optical from TV to Surround and it works fine. However, i only have one Optical port on my Surround/DVD, so will either have to run red/white phono or is there such a thing as a 2 way adapter for Optical so i could have the TV optical and PS3 Optical plugged in at same time (obviously not on at the same time!!)

1998 BMW e46 323i
Aye there is, and I bought mine from Maplin. The cheap ones from eBay don't work. I've got a splitter, but you can also use a splitter/switch.

I've just looked and Maplin don't seem to have the one I bought.

Only thing is the two inputs cannot be ON at the same time, cos my amp freaks out. But one on standby and one on is fine. Hope that helps.