ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV/Virgin/Soundbar help please.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So i've got a Hisense TV, LG soundbar and sub, Virgin HD box. How do I connect these using HDMI so that the soundbar plays sound when watching Virgin?

I've currently got soundbar to TV by HDMI, and Virgin box to TV by HDMI. I've also got an Xbox One but i'm not bothered about that combining with the soundbar.

I had the soundbar working when watching freeview on the TV, and the soundbar screen said 'ARC' when working, but that no longer shows.

Thanks

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Why don't you connect the TV to the soundbar with optical cable.
Means anything played thorough the TV will be on soundbar. Easier than swapping all the time with inputs.

I didn't have one, but ordered one from ebay now. Sorted the issue, was a setting on the TV and the HDMI had to be through to ARC HDMI.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Why don't you connect the TV to the soundbar with optical cable.
Means anything played thorough the TV will be on soundbar. Easier than swapping all the time with inputs.

Used an optical cable in the end, but now I cant control the volume with the TV remote, 3 remotes is rather annoying!

Golf GTD
If you want to use HDMI, put the sound bar back into HDMI port with ARC on it, then plug your Virgin box into your sound bar and not the TV.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My setup is:

- VM Box to TV (HDMI)
- Apple TV to TV (HDMI)
- Soundbse to TV (HDMI ARC)
- Blu-ray to Soundbase

All works fine.