ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TVcatchup

172 Cup
http://www.tvcatchup.com

Watch Live Television Online For FREE

TVCatchup is a new service which lets you watch live television online. There are currently 15 channels to choose from, it's totally legal and absolutely free!

So whether you are at uni, on holiday, travelling with work, away from home or are just too darn lazy to move away from your PC, join the revolution and start watching television with TVCatchup today!

tvcatchup.jpg

Infinitely better quality than any of the other streaming sites I've ever used.

What ISP's Support it as i just got, Your ISP (Tiscali UK Limited) does not currently support TVCatchup.

172 Cup
What ISP's Support it as i just got, Your ISP (Tiscali UK Limited) does not currently support TVCatchup.

That I can't answer. Perhaps you should ask Tiscali?

Be* didn't support it originally but 30 minutes after someone asking about it on the Be* forum it was supported and works perfectly for me :)

RB 182
I've got Be* and it says it's not supported, thought it was odd it said that as I thought you'd got Be* like you said.

dk

911 GTS Cab
its very good quality but i'm not sure of its use.

Its hardly catchup as you are only able to watch whats currently on.

And by the looks of the ISP support required, where are you going to be able to view it, the only reason you would want to use this is if you are on holiday maybe and wanted to watch your favourite programme, or uk tv on the wireless in an airport, but you can't as the isp won't support it.

I like it but I just can't understand the use for it?

Punto/Clio GTT
TVCatchup is a new service which lets you watch live television online. There are currently 15 channels to choose from, it's totally legal and absolutely free!

So whether you are at uni, on holiday, travelling with work, away from home or are just too darn lazy to move away from your PC

?

dk

911 GTS Cab

So whether you are at uni - you'll have a tv......
on holiday - abroad so the isp won't support it
travelling with work - erm, you stay in a hotel, it will have a tv
away from home - if you have access to a pc then you are likely to have a tv too
or are just too darn lazy to move away from your PC - i have a tv in the same room as the pc or move the laptop into the living room, i'm sure i'm not alone on this

oh and i can't see 15 channels

?

Punto/Clio GTT
have a tv in uni with you all the time? i doubt that
if you have access to pc then you have access to tv - just an assumption, some people wont
and just because you have a tv in the same room as your pc dont mean everyone else does ;)

172 Cup

And by the looks of the ISP support required, where are you going to be able to view it, the only reason you would want to use this is if you are on holiday maybe and wanted to watch your favourite programme, or uk tv on the wireless in an airport, but you can't as the isp won't support it.

If you read carefully, or not that carefully actually, you'll see it's still in Beta. They are going to add more UK channels and European channels with time. They are also going to add a record function, hence "catchup".

Is everyone registered as a member on this or just trying the 'Beta'? Do you get any annoying emails from them if you become a member?

dk

911 GTS Cab
If you read carefully, or not that carefully actually, you'll see it's still in Beta. They are going to add more UK channels and European channels with time. They are also going to add a record function, hence "catchup".
i've read the forum now and its a bit more clear.

they had a recording function but had to take the site down as it has channels complaining, but they are trying to bring it back from what i can gather.

Also, while they state you can only watch the channels from your country they also state this

4. We are rolling the service out to other countries, and all viewers living in Eu countries will have unrestricted access to each other's TV programmes under the TV Without Frontiers Directive in due course

and unlike other website that check your ip when ou try and view, this one checks it at registration, so all you have to do is log in from abroad and you should be able to to watch the channels the same which is a bit of a first, i'm not sure they can keep it that way though when the channels find out.

to be able to watch the uk channels abroad would be useful, but thats all really.

Only 8 channels are available at the mo too even though there are 12 listed (they just lied about the 15) as those 4 extra are being tested by certain users.

i'm still not sure about this isp having to make a certain connection to make it work, means you can't rely on it being available wherever you are.

M2 Competition

I dont have a tv aerial point in my bedroom (or a tv for that matter) just a pc.

It has a use.

172 Cup
FFS what do you want? A Thai ladyboy to suck you off while watching it?

It's FREE! You can watch live TV in great quality on your PC which will appeal to a lot of people.

Sometimes I think people just like moaning for the sake of nothing better to do.

dk

911 GTS Cab
FFS what do you want? A Thia ladyboy to suck you off while watching it?

It's FREE! You can watch live TV in great quality on your PC which will appeal to a lot of people.

Sometimes I think people just like moaning for the sake of nothing better to do.
;) yes please

* oh and technically its not free, its all part of the great service my tv licensing fee goes towards providing;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
i'm guessing that as its very new, not all connection points and servers will be aware of it yes so it might be a waiting game maybe?

Also, it relies on having the latest updates so i'd either try FF3 if you aren't (thats what i am browsing it through) or update your flash to the latest version for your browser

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Im glad i have donkey kong on my ignore list.

Works great, thats a result as i dont have a tv in the kitchen.

Last edited:
  M2 Competition
i'm guessing that as its very new, not all connection points and servers will be aware of it yes so it might be a waiting game maybe?

Also, it relies on having the latest updates so i'd either try FF3 if you aren't (thats what i am browsing it through) or update your flash to the latest version for your browser

Couldnt work that out. Will have a little play and see what happens though.

Cheers anyway mate :)