ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

twin 182enging?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i wounder if you could put two 182 engines in a clio?front easy.but is it possible to put one in the rear?4wheel drive anybody?think it would be alot of work though.and money lol

1996 Valver
Would LOVE to do this, make it like that Black Nova........
But as DarthCake says big££££££

RenaultSport clio 172 exc
think of the weight gain, transmition snyc, etc. i dont know for sure but i think you would be dissapointed with the end result lots of dosh for not much gained.

My dream is to get 400 bhp out of the v6 clio. either via bi turbo or new lump (supra or symilar) thats the way to go especially when the car looks so amazing!

iv seen a nova twin engine and a golf twin and they were both poo. lots of power but no way of using it right.

v6 bi-turbo has a nice ring to it as well.

Its not that difficult to do cmparted to say a proper turbo 172 conversion.
The siple way would be to get another crashed 172 or 182 the whole car and then cut the whole rear of the car out make a strong metal framework and bolt the engine/gearbox and subframe to it then attach the strue etc to all that. Use threaded bars to hold the stearing arms in place (since you don't want the back wheels moving) make up a brake bias valver or least limit the rear brake pressure or make an adapter to use the old 182 rear brakes on the 182 disks or modify more to get the stock rear disk on.
For cooling well there either a bigger radiator or run a second radioaot in the back with either V6 type ducts or a roof duct.
As for th wiring well there two options either one use the whole looms and make space for the ECU/UCH etc and pull the lines of the wires you need you'd need two keys .
The other option is to get a stand alone ECU or use a new ecu and wire it up to the existing cars ECU etc so you'll only need one key.
As for air supply well air vent or a roof vent again.

If you want to go to 48 4 well Renault have made it easy they already make a 4*4 Scenic so use the gearbox etc from that but you'd need the whoole car transpnating probably due to the electrics. and the box isn't that good or designed to take a 172/182s power so no point realy plus it would be slower due to transmission losses.

Stikcing a big engine a VAG 1.8T in is the best idea to go quicker and more reliable plus you keep the boot. Also there loads of tunning bits for it. Matt Balck off here has aClio liek this 400hp and runs seriously quick 1/4 mile times I forget what but he's aiming for the 10 second mark thio year I think.

Over 400hp out of a V6 has been done at least twice as far as I know Mike T has a supercharged V6 with 440hp or so and there one on the continet a tunning compnay made superchraged plsu a tunned V6 race car might not be far off that figure. it won't be cheap though.

moogster_1 said:
think of the weight gain, transmition snyc, etc. i dont know for sure but i think you would be dissapointed with the end result lots of dosh for not much gained.

My dream is to get 400 bhp out of the v6 clio. either via bi turbo or new lump (supra or symilar) thats the way to go especially when the car looks so amazing!

iv seen a nova twin engine and a golf twin and they were both poo. lots of power but no way of using it right.
Thats twin engine turbo Nova kees breaking drive shafts which won't help it.

Straight 6 from a Supra wuld be difficult its not a small engine plus with the gearboxyou'd need to put the engine at the front. A Mitsubishi/Suburu engine might be a better idea its smaller plus tunning bits exist.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
twin engines arnt legal on the road! but at least you could switch from front to rear wheel drive easy.keep dreaming fella

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
stevo172-250 said:
twin engines arnt legal on the road! but at least you could switch from front to rear wheel drive easy.keep dreaming fella

i think its only illegal on the road when both engines are running,as my mate has just built a twin engined mk1 fiesta with 2 rs turbo engines

172 cup TT
Im pretty sure i read somewhere that Audi have just made a Twin Engined TT... or was i imagining things?!??.. pretty sure they did.....

Floodie said:
Im pretty sure i read somewhere that Audi have just made a Twin Engined TT... or was i imagining things?!??.. pretty sure they did.....
Its was a tunning company MTM in germnay who did it so it must be legal ovr there or maybe its registered as a kit car.
I'm sure twin engine can be made legal there a kit car which has two engine but they maybe joined together before drive goes to the wheel or thre the Z cars mini which is the same.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
I was down at santa pod on sunday at the redline rumble. We saw a twin engined twin turbo.
I think it ran around 10-11secs what a car!!

16vturbolee

im sure theirs a orange r 5 gtt with twin engines 250 bhp each cant think where i seen it grrrrrrrrrrr

Turbos.
McBunny said:
oh and 40bhp in a v6 has been done

a lotus twin turbo v8 will fit in the back of the v6 but not alot else will

I have a Lotus engine in the garage, shame i have no car to put it in! It is very small for a V8 though..would make a great kit car application.

TDI tyre shreader
stevo172-250 said:

What about the twin engine z-cars hyabusa minis? I heard what your saying aswell but i dunno if its true

193 mk2
i saw a light blue mk2 golf with a 2.9 vr6 corrado engine in the front and a 2.8 vr6 golf engine in the back, it was 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive, it could run just the front engine or both. very cool bit of kit. but as above loads of doe ££££££££££££££££££

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
wide said:
i saw a light blue mk2 golf with a 2.9 vr6 corrado engine in the front and a 2.8 vr6 golf engine in the back, it was 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive, it could run just the front engine or both. very cool bit of kit. but as above loads of doe ££££££££££££££££££

i always thought that if you twin engined somthing you would want the 2 engines the same otherwise one would be doing more work than the other ?obviously the 2.9 will be a bit quicker than the 2.8 unless it has been allowed for with mods to the 2.8