ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo 133 problem.. chewing tires

Skoda fabia Vrs
Got a little problem with the twingo.

Got the car at 3380 miles on the 17th dec 09 and notcied a couple weeks ago that the tyres were getting really bad in the inside and the middle were only half worn..insides were just above the limit (1.6mm) so i swapped them to the back about 2 weeks ago..6500 miles. I put the ones from the back on the front obv and they had 7mm of tread and now there still wearing down on the inside and the middle isnt even going down..

I have checked the steering,suspension and tyre pressures etc and had the tracking checked with 4 wheel laser allignment and still dont know whats causing it. No pulling left etc just steering sometimes doesnt weight up aswell to the left as where as the right feels kinda stiff sometimes!...

the car has warrenty as its a 59 plate but still really annoying and have a feeling that renault wont even understand what im talking about

any help would be handy

Steven

Black Clio GT
get your tracking/alignment checked again.
the harsh winter has cause s**t roads this year so geometry is easlily knocked out when hitting a pot hole etc.

also im guessing you dont drive it like a granny, how many miles has it done now??
the contisports that come as standard are pretty soft compound......

Skoda fabia Vrs
only got it checked 3 days ago mate. the boy showed me that it was spot on!

i do sometimes!! lol 6900 miles.. yeah but thats bad mileage! deffo something up like dunno what though!

Skoda fabia Vrs
going in on monday to a company called progrip in bonneybridge Glasgow.

seems to have a good rep and we will see what he says.

its a full allignment set-up getting done. hope it fixes the problem man!

clio sport 172
It could be your camber of the wheels, my wheels were the same, tyres wearing on the inside and not the outside. Could be negative camber, a quick realinment should sort this but as its basically new im not sure if its even this m8.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
The standard tyres on mine lasted 9000 miles, I did drive it pretty hard though. They are a soft compound.