ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo 133 throttle body the same as Clio 1*2?

02 Iceberg 172
Hiyas

Part number for Clio 1*2 throttle body is 8200110998 or 8200110994, which is also the part number for the Twingo 133 throttle body. From pics they look identical.

I am right in thinking they are the same part yeah? Just wanting to confirm before I go ahead and order one that is listed for the Twingo...

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
58 Plate Twingo 133 throttle body part number is 8200110994 at a price of £266.33+vat

02 Iceberg 172
58 Plate Twingo 133 throttle body part number is 8200110994 at a price of £266.33+vat

Cheers for that - it's definitely ok to use on the Clio? I assume with the same part number it would be but want to make sure I am not missing something :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Cheers for that - it's definitely ok to use on the Clio? I assume with the same part number it would be but want to make sure I am not missing something :smile:

I could not tell you anything apart from the Part number and price, if you want to test it then you do so at your own risk.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Parts "look" identical yet they have different part numbers... I think you've answered your own question.

02 Iceberg 172
Why are you wanting to change it?

Recently I have had the car go into limp mode with the electrical fault light coming up on the dash a few times. Each time it has happened at the same spot in the cool of the morning, usually on the way to work - not long after starting the car (so not yet fully warmed up), turning out onto the main road virtually at the end of my street and changing into second gear. First few times the car has gone into limp mode with no almost no throttle response, but each time turning the car on and off has cleared it and the car has run perfectly fine after that. Plugged RSTuner in and it brought up these codes:

DF0002 - TPS SENSOR (MEMORY)
DF0093, DF0102 - O2 SENSOR REAR (MEMORY)
SHIFT LIGHT FAULT (MEMORY)
DF0002 - INCONSISTENCY BETWEEN TRACK 1-2 THROTTLE (MEMORY)

Cleared the codes and gave the throttle pedal connector a good clean - had read that sometimes cleaning/reseating the throttle pedal connector can solve it, and that seemed an easy thing to do so that's why I did that :smile: After that the next time the car did it again the electrical fault light came on but the car drove fine just wouldn't rev over 2.7k rpm. Turning the car on/off cleared the dash light and car once again drove fine. Plugged in RSTuner afterwards to see what codes were brought up and there was nothing at all :s I have since given the throttle body and the throttle body connector a clean and the car hasn't done it since but it has been quite a bit warmer, so waiting to see if it will happen once we get a cool morning again.

I had read a bit about this issue on here and the ozrenaultsport forums and it seems to be potentially throttle pedal assembly or throttle body related, or even perhaps a wiring issue related to the above. Apparently DF0002 relates to the throttle body (?), so worse case scenario I need to replace the throttle body. But Renault here in Australia want almost £500 for a new one! :0 Renault UK or Ktec is probably around £300 or so including postage, but I can get a new throttle body off ebay that is listed for a Twingo (but with the same part number as a Clio 1*2) for about £200 inc. delivery. So you can probably see why I am asking if they are definitely the same part! :tongueout:

Second-hand throttle body would be cheapest but I suspect that if throttle body related, this issue may be due to the graphite wiper tracks wearing in the throttle body itself due to age/wear & tear - so would likely happen to a second-hand one as well. FWIW it is probably this wear & tear on the graphite wiper tracks that affects the throttle pedal assembly as well.

Parts "look" identical yet they have different part numbers... I think you've answered your own question.
They have the same part number
Yeah he is saying there are 2 numbers for the Clio (ph1/ph2) and one of them matches the twingo part number.
So yeah if the part number is the same so is the part.

Yeah correct - part numbers 8200110998/8200110994 (they are printed on the 1*2 throttle body plastic cover itself) are the same for the Twingo (or at least 8200110994 is). I was assuming that seeing as they were the same part number they should be the same part - pics seemed to back this up as well - but was just wondering if anyone who had first hand experience could confirm :smile:

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
whats the part number on YOUR tb? as the 2 part numbers will be different in some way or form. If the part number on yours is 8200110994, then its should be all ok :up:

02 Iceberg 172
whats the part number on YOUR tb? as the 2 part numbers will be different in some way or form. If the part number on yours is 8200110994, then its should be all ok :up:

Both part numbers - 8200110998 and 8200110994 - are actually printed on my throttle body lol, but Renault Oz only had a listing for 8200110994 - which as MarcR posted earlier is the same part number as the Twingo throttle body so yeah, should all be good. Just that sometimes with Renault things aren't always what they should be :lol: which is why I was asking for some further clarification :)

100% not the throttle body. It'll ne a wiring fault.

Cheers Dan. Is there kind of a common area in which the fault manifests? ie. in the loom between the throttle body and ecu?

02 Iceberg 172
Thanks Dan. Been doing a bit more searching on this on the forum and apart from giving the plug in the fuse box a once over I'll also have a look at the wiring/connectors in the engine loom/ecu etc.

02 Iceberg 172
Right... well last weekend I had a fairly close inspection of the engine loom and couldn't find any sign of any damaged wires. Inspected the TB and ECU connector and also the fuse box and couldn't find any real sign of corrosion - here in Oz we don't get anywhere near the amount of corrosion issues you guys do but wouldn't have been surprised to see any. I had bought some De-Oxit spray (expensive but supposed to be the nuts) so decided to give the connectors and the fuse box a good going over firstly with regular contact cleaner and then blast of De-Oxit on all connector pins/relays etc, before replacing electrical tape in a few spots on the loom and reconnecting it all up.

Happy to report that I haven't had an issue all week since then, so am hoping that the issue is resolved for the moment at least. I guess that it may have been just a loose or slightly oxidised connection somewhere as I didn't spot any damaged wires, however for the moment it seems that I don't need to replace the throttle body so fingers crossed it is all good :)