ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo GT TCe Timing Belt Cost?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Anyone got any experience with this?

I'm about to pick up a very cheap 58 plate Twingo GT with the little turbo engine. It might need a timing belt. Any idea on what sort of money it would be to have this done? The belt kit is only about £60 from ECP with their endless discount codes, but I think it needs a special tool or two, so I was wondered what it might cost for a garage to do it?

I'm not sure if I'll bother, as the car is costing buttons and probably won't have it long, but just trying to work out if it's worth doing.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Its a single cam setup, im sure the cam and crank have markers on too so point them in the right direction and fit the belt. Possibly a crank locking bolt.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Just an FYI I did the belt on that engine James has, about 4 years ago though so it will need one🤣🤣🤣

I'd expect any normal garage to charge £300. However, anyone close to you that knows what their doing should be charging like £100 plus parts its that easy🤣

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Just an FYI I did the belt on that engine James has, about 4 years ago though so it need one🤣🤣🤣

I'd expect any normal garage to charge £300. However, anyone close to you that knows what their doing should be charging like £100 plus parts its that easy🤣
Never told me that ya c**t

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Hmmm, might ask the garage down the road how much they'd charge. Will see if I can find any evidence in the paperwork when the car turns up tomorrow first though.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Sure the book time is about 4hrs but In reality it's a nice straight forward one to do. Engines are that cheap though that I probably wouldn't bother changing it lol

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It's turning up tomorrow so will see if I can find anything in the book. It's a 58 plate on 135k so should have had a couple by now.

Not that bothered for £300 mind, but worth thinking about in case it's ok.