ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo GT

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
And the fact I'm near on 20 stone.... What difference is a doorcard gonna make 🤣
This is why my twingo is like this lol.
IMG_20200324_113502.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
cool little thing tbh, don't add the RS kit imo either, just stick some sticky rubber and good pads in it and go enjoy

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
There is an alien green one with a 225 engine in it and a yellow one with a clio 197 engine floating about.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Picked up the 133 kit today, minus the front bumper. Offered up the rear arches and Errr yeah...the GT beam must be massively narrower lol
Dunno if I can be arsed with it now tbh will have to see

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
I did think a gt was quite a bit narrower than a 133. You should do it though definitely. Can you get spacers to go between the axle and the stubs?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I did think a gt was quite a bit narrower than a 133. You should do it though definitely. Can you get spacers to go between the axle and the stubs?
I think swapping the beam is probably the better way to go about it really. Would need huuuuge spacers lol

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
There is quite a few 133's getting broken on ebay. You may also need to do the front end as the front end I don't know if it's just the bottom arms are different or subframe also.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
GT and 172 are similar widths I think. rs133 is probably wider again. keep it as a gt or engine swap a blown up rs133. if you make the rear wider the front will be too narrow also and I think it was already on 20mm spacers all round?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Beaniesport has a Twingo with a 200 engine, when i drove it the gearbox was fucked but its a very raw and fun car lets put it that way.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
GT and 172 are similar widths I think. rs133 is probably wider again. keep it as a gt or engine swap a blown up rs133. if you make the rear wider the front will be too narrow also and I think it was already on 20mm spacers all round?
Yeah think you're right mate.
Should of probably researched this before spending 6 hours collecting it and spending 150 quid lol
Oh well

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
A very hot donington park evening session last night! Only picture I've got
Screenshot_20200812_143128.jpg

Felt a bit slow on a track that size but was still good fun. Not driven on track for a long time and it was first time I'd used this. Never got chance to get fully into the swing of it due to red flags.

Got a slight issue I need look at though. Drove all the way there fine but whilst queuing up to get in I got a flashing engine light. Only happens on idle and seems to drive fine. Once at any speed it goes off.
I'm guessing I've got an injector on the way out. Will try and track down which one and stick another in

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Just searched this out as i was missing it:ROFLMAO: and to see how you got on, never done donny is it a big power track? Hopefully the issue is just an injector (common 172 injectors in there), should be able to pull the fault codes and stuff to give you an idea though? Still looks mega on track (y)

ps give me the heads up in advance of any thoughts of selling it

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Just searched this out as i was missing it:ROFLMAO: and to see how you got on, never done donny is it a big power track? Hopefully the issue is just an injector (common 172 injectors in there), should be able to pull the fault codes and stuff to give you an idea though? Still looks mega on track (y)

ps give me the heads up in advance of any thoughts of selling it
Yeah it just felt like it needed a bit more for that track really. Spend most the time at the top end of 4th, but 5th didn't really have the oomph to carry it on.
Got Blyton booked in a few weeks so will get it ready for then and have some more fun. Might try and get hold of some better rubber beforehand

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
@Adeyspec I'd like to say I'd keep it forever, but I may look at selling towards end of the year maybe. I could then finish my phase 1 off with the money.

I'd regret selling it though, because it's perfect for doing trackdays on the cheap

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
@Adeyspec I'd like to say I'd keep it forever, but I may look at selling towards end of the year maybe. I could then finish my phase 1 off with the money.

I'd regret selling it though, because it's perfect for doing trackdays on the cheap

Ive still got an itch to do the big turbo and cam on one, keep me in mind if you do happen to do so (y)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
NA cam (older)
Lift : Inlet - 8,849 mm Outlet - 8,850 mm
Timing :10° 31° / 25° 8°
77 00 100 140

NA cam (newer)
Lift : Inlet - 8,004 mm Outlet - 8,850 mm
Timing :10° 24° / 25° 8°
82 00 664 673

Turbo cam
82 00 658 986

Just for future ref.

Also parts on the way, 4 bar fuel pressure reg to give me a tiny bit more scope from my injectors without slapping huge ones in and an R35 GTR fuel pump. My thinking is the GTR runs 2 of these and will do 600bhp all day long so one should be a capable of 300bhp, plenty more than i need.