ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo RS to 197

Twingo RS Cup
Hi Guys, Currently sorting out a deal to trade in my Twingo for a 197.
Few things im worried about though..I have the cup chassis on the twingo but the 197 hasnt. Does that make much difference? Its nimbus on a 56 plate with 22k on..xenons, climate etc.
Im 19 so insurance is so expensive so just hope its worth it :)

Thanks for any help :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Noooo it'll be fine, mine didn't, but now i have H&R coilovers, so was no need. You could always get some aftermarked springs? The Cup chassis is only Red Brembos, lowered by 7mm (stiffened) springs , and i think a slightly uprated ARB... also Anthricte rims.

You have that Twingo with the Purple rims?

Italian 3.2 V6
yea just upgrade suspension/brakes setup when u have spare pennys..

good choice!

White clique
Good choice but i had a 197 standard set up. I always looked at the cup set up and wished i had it, it looks so much better!

But i'd rather look at a 197 than a Twingo, so still a very nice upgrade!

Twingo RS Cup
Noooo it'll be fine, mine didn't, but now i have H&R coilovers, so was no need. You could always get some aftermarked springs? The Cup chassis is only Red Brembos, lowered by 7mm (stiffened) springs , and i think a slightly uprated ARB... also Anthricte rims.

You have that Twingo with the Purple rims?

yeah mate here it is..
IMG_0535.jpg

The twingo is a sweet little car but the 197 would be better! :)

Keep the Twingo ;)

Looks the bomb!
Id love to but its just loosing money like loads tbh and at the end of the day its still only a 1600 so when stuff does come out it still wont be that quick.

yea just upgrade suspension/brakes setup when u have spare pennys..

good choice!

Good choice but i had a 197 standard set up. I always looked at the cup set up and wished i had it, it looks so much better!

But i'd rather look at a 197 than a Twingo, so still a very nice upgrade!

Thanks guys, urm does anyone know how low etc and which springs to recommend?

Was a 197
h&r's go about 30-40mm, there is not many companies out there doing springs for 197s have a look round on ktec and other websites, h&r's seem to be the favourites

Will be good upgrade. Enjoy it for what it is, get to know what you want from it, then mod it to suit imo.

Twingo RS Cup
Cheers for the comments guys think im going to go for it just hope its worth it, love the twingo the handling is awesome but powerwise its not much better than a c2 imo. Pettsi its the first pic of the car iv put on here il put some more up tomorrow :) its a marmite car tbh lol

Clio 182
Hahah Harry Harry Harry, Leeroy here, Is that little red C2 vts with white wheels causing you problems lol.

Nice upgrade to a 197 matey, worst colour ever though is Nimbus silver!! *awaits the the cries lol"

Twingo RS Cup
I wouldn't go near a 197 without Recaro's and Cup suspension.
not so much fussed about the cup chassis just the recaros
Hahah Harry Harry Harry, Leeroy here, Is that little red C2 vts with white wheels causing you problems lol.

Nice upgrade to a 197 matey, worst colour ever though is Nimbus silver!! *awaits the the cries lol"

meh, i went to look at a RB 197 today and the dealer couldnt touch the deal im getting on this nimbus one plus the nimbus has xenons/climate etc and this RB one didnt.

Nimbus 197
197 all the way, just be aware they like a drink, and I mean REALLY like to drink (but are sooooo worth it)

Recaros are a must. Even if it's just for the look on your bird's face when she sits down too early and lands on the seat bolster. Oooh errr.

Twingo RS Cup
lol Well theres not really anyway i can get the recaros or cup chassis tbh with the deal im getting. I owe 9k on my twingo still, there going to pay that off fully plus service the clio and tax is and put 2 brand new contis on the front cos im not happy with the tyres thats on. I went to look at a RB 197 with xenons/climate and he said he would only give me 6.5-7k for the twingo and not service or do anything to the clio

Nimbus 197
They arent that bad. I average 29mpg in mine now, and I dont dawdle.

mines a 56 plate, and if I ain't hanging about its low 20s, if I drive like miss daisy I see circa 28. Most ever on a long run was 31.2mpg driven nicely at the speed limit.

You don't buy a 197 for economy, that's what diesels are for.:rasp:

Always wondered what difference the newer gearbox/ratios make.

£6.5/7k trade in on the Twingo is dire. I can't remember if you said, but why didn't you go for a used 197 at the time you bought the Twingo?

Twingo RS Cup
£6.5/7k trade in on the Twingo is dire. I can't remember if you said, but why didn't you go for a used 197 at the time you bought the Twingo?

i dont no :\ lol impulse kinda thing i guess just didnt think i couldnt get insured on a 197, saying that its still expensive now but im sick of the twingo

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
mines a 56 plate, and if I ain't hanging about its low 20s, if I drive like miss daisy I see circa 28. Most ever on a long run was 31.2mpg driven nicely at the speed limit.

You don't buy a 197 for economy, that's what diesels are for.:rasp:

Always wondered what difference the newer gearbox/ratios make.

Thats bad fuel economy! I'm get 36 mpg out of mine on a motorway journey, about 26 around town. :)

Anyway, nice upgrade from the Twingo. I actually considered buying a Brand new Twingo when i was looking for my 197. Glad i decided on the 197 though :)

M135i
Definitely do it mate.

I actually went the other way, went from a Clio R27 to a Twingo.

One of the biggest mistakes of my life!

They are nice cars, but I've learnt that you should never every downgrade when changing a car.