ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twitchy 172?

PH2 172
Hi all, just after some advice really.

Recently my car has become very 'twitchy' when driving, with the steering feeling pretty shaky if i hit a cats eye or a bump in the road. It really does pull the car quite abit which is pretty unnerving, and it seems much worse in the wet.

Local Garage has looked at the tracking and its fine, and correct psi in the tyres.

any other ideas as to what could be causing this??

PH2 172
Oh also, the car does pull to the right slightly, would this suggest a shocks problem also?

And how would i check the shocks are ok? just look for leaks/fluid on the shocks?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Oh also, the car does pull to the right slightly, would this suggest a shocks problem also?

And how would i check the shocks are ok? just look for leaks/fluid on the shocks?

Yep, or take one off and see if it works like a shock or not when compressing it. Also listen out for knocking noises.

phz 1 172
hi mine did this when i first got it about a week ago and the ride was horid. so i orderd some coilovers and it turned out all bar one shock was f~~ked and made it jump all over the road .