ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twitchy steering

Ph2 172
Hey guys,

A weird one for you lot lol!

Ive noticed recently that sometimes if im driving in a straight line, now and again the car will sharply pull to either side! Its only momentarily and straightens itself out but I dont know what could be causing it?

Its not a drastic pull, just as the title says, it just twitches to either side whenever it feels like it lol!

Any help much appreciated :)

BMW F31
Sounds like possibly, ARB outer Bushes or maybe steering rack or possibly just the tracking needs sorting.

Could be all manner of things, get it to a garage if i were you.

182-racing-blue

Is it sharp enough that you can't control it straight away? Could be the camber in the road or tram lines from lorry abuse.

Ph2 172
Cheers for responses, had a quick look and the insides of my tires are looking a fair bit scrubbed so going to have the tracking done first and take it from there........

judder

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 ff, R5 GTT
Cheers for responses, had a quick look and the insides of my tires are looking a fair bit scrubbed so going to have the tracking done first and take it from there........

My car is currently doing the same. Did the tracking sort the problem out?

Cheers