ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Two new tyres, now steering wheel is out of alignment?

cock mobile.
Just got two new Goodyear F1s fitted last night, which are fantastic, and the grip is immense compared to the old Advans, however:

Now my steering wheel is slightly out of alignment, as in I have to hold it about 5 degrees anti-clockwise to go completely straight, also the car bares a lot to the right when letting go of the wheel.

Why would this suddenly be out, could it be something as simple as tyre pressure?

Cheers.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
can't suddenly go out!

I bet they conned you for about £30 for tracking - rarely needed unless kerbed badly

get 'em to redo it

cock mobile.
Nah, didn't get tracking done, no point I thought.

Maybe I needed to get it done!?

They were the fronts btw.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
if your tracking was out in the 1st place your tyres would have worn unevenly? did they?

but not 2 new tyres will be equal all round so it may be more noticable, it deff sounds like the tracking imo

cock mobile.
The old tyres seemed fine, and the guy said they looked a bit over inflated, but they didn't look worn more on one side etc.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
sh33n. I take my Civic to TGM in Fleet, Surrey - for 4 wheel laser alignment. They sorted my slight 5 degree hanging steering wheel.

cock mobile.
Yer I was thinking that mate, do you know anywhere in the midlands area, both TGM and System-R are about 120 miles away.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
There's a place called Jeff Fowkes Wheels in Ibstock, Leicestershire that has 4 wheel laser alignment. £75 when they did mine.

If you just want it tracked normally, any decent tyre place will do it.