ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

type r or a 182.?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No offence but you are a geek!

I'm a geek for giving the guy correct, useful information? I've driven a fair few and nearly bought one on two occasions, so i thought my two pence would be useful. Maybe not.

No offence.

Harsh! haha i think your useful christopher

Ever Considerd a 1.8t golf gti there pretty reliable comfy and not that slow with tunning potencial and you would get a nice one for less than a 182 or ctr.

But if your going jap dnt be a girl about it get an ek9 my mate has a lesser model one with an integra type r lump in it tunned and that thing feels so fast.

Cheers.

EK9's are as raw as hatches come IMO... from the factory anyway.

Buy one and not only will you have a car with solid residuals, but you'll have possibly one of the best driver's cars Honda has ever made.

MCS R56
I'm a geek for giving the guy correct, useful information? I've driven a fair few and nearly bought one on two occasions, so i thought my two pence would be useful. Maybe not.

No offence.

Cheers.

EK9's are as raw as hatches come IMO... from the factory anyway.

Buy one and not only will you have a car with solid residuals, but you'll have possibly one of the best driver's cars Honda has ever made.

By geek, I mean your car knowledge is vast, to the extent of 'geek' status. I'm into stamps.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I went from a ph1 172 to a CTR and the CTR is the better car in every single way IMO. But that's just me. I wouldn't blame anyone for choosing a clio over the civic or vice versa, it's purely personal opinion.

I done the same thing, and prefer the CTR in every aspect..

even in "fun factor" I still enjoy the CTR every bit as I did my 172... Can't explain why...

As said before, try them both out and see what you prefer..

Punto JTD
Right, firstly I'd recommend you test drive both. From what I gathered, a Type R is quite raw in comparison to the 182. Here's an interesting review but it shouldn't be the deciding factor: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=d4-PI_rES6k.

6-7K should get you a nice Type R. And that will also get you a mint 182. Although, personally I think you should go for a 172 and pocket 2K. You won't be getting much extra in terms of 2K.

If the 182 and the CTR was the same price, I'd go for for the CTR. If you think it's worth spending more money on the CTR, then go for it.