ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Typical Renault!

Went into Renault Hamilton on Saturday morning and purchased a set of front brake pads for my mk1 172.Gave the guy my reg number and he checked the computer and said they were £25+vat,thought that was quite good for renault.Anyway,drove home got the car jacked uped and took the wheel off and the caliper off.Took the nearest pad off but the back was pretty tight so started leavering it out with a screwdriver.Just as i did this i thought i better check the pads he gave me are correct,guess what the werent they were tiny as if they were out of a 1.4.

It was just after 12 and i new the shut at lunchtime so phoned them and the girl said the parts department was closed,i then got a guy in the showroom "who may be able to help" he couldnt but passed me onto the service centre but they couldnt help either.I then phoned motherwell renault and although parts department was closed the guy was still there and said he would stay there for half an hour until i got the car together and got down to the garage,so big thanks to him.The pads were £39+vat more like it,unlike my other 25 quid 1.4 jobs.

So i go into Hamilton today,although i had calmed down alot from Saturday i was still a bit annoyed.I go in see the guy that served me standing next to what looks like his boss,i wait until he looks my way"you gave me the wrong f**king pads on Saturday" he takes them and starts to look up the computer and says theres only 1 set of pads and i say"well how the f**k did the guy in motherwell give me the right ones first time" he looks at me blankly.I tell him i dont want an exchange i want the money,his boss says just call up a refund,the guy says to me"youll get a cheque in 2 days" i told him thatll be f**king right and he said they had no cash on the premises "i gave you cash on f**kin Saturday" i told him,he said all cash was banked every morning? I said"are you tryin to tell me no one has been in today paying cash?" he said the hadnt.I said "do you think im as stupid as you" just at that the boss said ill see if service can give us it.So he goes off for 5 minutes and the guy behind the counter disappears from my view into the store room.The boss comes back with my £30 and hands it to me with"im sorry about this"

Typical renault.

[Edited by BIGDAVE on 30 August 2004 at 9:34pm]

Clio v6

I would have started to worry the minute he agreed to accept your reg number and not demand your chassis number.

Yaris Hybrid

In fairness its not just Renault. How many times have you been to Halfords or any autoparts shop and been given the wrong sized item? I would say it has happened with 50% of the parts I have bought. You would expect the main dealer to get it right though.

Wouldnt recommend going back and giving them abusive language though.

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 30 August 2004

In fairness its not just Renault. How many times have you been to Halfords or any autoparts shop and been given the wrong sized item? I would say it has happened with 50% of the parts I have bought. You would expect the main dealer to get it right though.

totaly agree with that mate, there are ways to do things and going straight in what that type of attitude will get you know where 99% of the time, all that will happen is you will get their backs right up and in general they will be as unhelpful as they possably can be.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by James on 30 August 2004

I would have started to worry the minute he agreed to accept your reg number and not demand your chassis number.
you can get the chassis number and all details from the reg number. its a spot on system as long as you put the right reg in. the only time you get mix ups is when private plates have been moved around vehicles but the renault system is not updated. sometimes you get vehicle details from a car the plates were fitted to in the past.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Thats true, I had the piece of plastic that covers where the headlight washer jets would be on a 172 (but obviously arent on the cup!) The Renault parts computer wasnt able to point the lad in parts to the actual part that I wanted...he knew what I was talking about, just couldnt find the part number for me. He took my reg, and 2 mins later had the part number and price for me if I wanted to order the part. So it does work.

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 30 August 2004

Going off topic, i thought you had uprated brakes dave?
Standard renault pads john,i find them really good,but ive got Tarox sport japan discs.

Quote: Originally posted by blaupunkt on 30 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 30 August 2004

totaly agree with that mate, there are ways to do things and going straight in what that type of attitude will get you know where 99% of the time, all that will happen is you will get their backs right up and in general they will be as unhelpful as they possably can be.
<SCRIPT language=javascript>
Well if i feel someone has fd up and caused me hassle then thats my attitude and i usually get my way!