ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre/Brake Pad Prices

Hi

Looks like Im going to need at least 2 possibly 4 new tyres on my 172 as the front ones are worn down and both back ones have slow punctures which may/may not be repairable. Also think the front pads and possibly the back ones are worn down so will need replacing soon.

Have been quoted £70 per tyre fully fitted for replacement Contisports at a place in York, and approx £50 for the front pads and £50 for the rear pads. Have looked at mytyres.co.uk who do the tyres for £58 but have no idea how much fitting would cost.

Does this sound a reasonable price? Should I go for different tyres. That was the best price for the contis I could find in York.

Any advice much appreciated.

Paul

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

There are a lot better tyres out there than contis.. most people change them at the first oppertunity.. like me..

Ive kept the contis. better a known evil than a new one and all that. I get them fitted / balanced for £59 a tyre down sarf in London.

You should aim to pay no more than £64 for contis fitted and the same price for pirelli pzeros (which I havent tried)

Skoda Fabia vRS

from the amount of people on here who hate those tyres, id stay away, never driven on em myself but theres more than enough people on here who have and dont rate them

prob a case of the grass being greener elsewhere. Comparative tests last year showed the contis being much faster on circuit in the dry than other tyres. Anyway, each to his own

Ad

MK2 FRS

The contis just arent upto varied conditions. In the dry, hot weather, apart from the screeching when they loose grip they were fine. It was when it was cold damp/wet etc that they didnt. If youve not tried anything else then it would be difficult to know whether they are good or not. Ive gone michelins next. Think these were fitted to MK1s originally.