ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 GT questions please 🙏

Clio expression+ dci
Hi,
I have just bought a 59 plate white GT 1.6 petrol and need help sourcing the correct springs and shocks. It's not had much love in the past, so I'm giving it some tlc with a thorough going over. It's had a full service, spark plugs, air and pollen, brakes all round, tyres and wheel refurb. I have also replaced the front radiator subframe. I'm now turning my attention to the suspension.
There are so many variations of shocks and springs on Autodoc etc I haven't a clue which ones to buy. Did the GT come with sports suspension? I don't want to lower the car just replace with factory spec similar ones as these are crusty and rusty.
Tia đź‘Ť

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hi,
I have just bought a 59 plate white GT 1.6 petrol and need help sourcing the correct springs and shocks. It's not had much love in the past, so I'm giving it some tlc with a thorough going over. It's had a full service, spark plugs, air and pollen, brakes all round, tyres and wheel refurb. I have also replaced the front radiator subframe. I'm now turning my attention to the suspension.
There are so many variations of shocks and springs on Autodoc etc I haven't a clue which ones to buy. Did the GT come with sports suspension? I don't want to lower the car just replace with factory spec similar ones as these are crusty and rusty.
Tia đź‘Ť
There’s a Facebook group called RPD - Renault Parts Direct, you’ll be pleasantly Surprised at how cheap OE parts are. And even cheaper from these guys. 👍

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
It's specific springs and dampers on the GT, others will most likely fit but the spec of the standard ones were much different from the normal mk3, my mate had a mk3 dynamique S at the same time I had my GT DCI and the difference in the way they handled and the body roll was massive.

Just message Renault parts direct, the OE parts are cheap as chip, I ordered shocks for my 197 and they were like ÂŁ50 a shock!