ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Cleaning Products?

MK3

Dynamiqueee
What products do you guys use on tyres? I've just painted my alloys matt black, meaning the tyres are now letting them down. I have scrubed them and used a cheap foaming tyre cleaner i had lying around which has cleaned them up, but i'm after a real wet tyre look. Any suggestions? Cheers

Autosmart Tyre Dandy

can get it on ebay, just spray the foam around the sidewall and it lasts for a good few days

Excellent stuff

Fabia VRS Special Ed
The wet and black stuff brings the tyres up well, but I'm not sure how long it stays on for.

The Auto-Glym stuff I haven't tried (must be the only product of theirs I haven't lol) so I can't comment.

I use some stuff called "IMAGE Wet Wall weather resistant tyre shine", I've used it for years and it's fantastic, it comes in a 5l container and you pour it into an old cup/mug and brush it on using any ordinary paint brush, it lasts for ages and really does shine the tyres.

I'm not sure whether you can get the stuff from anywhere as I got mine from a supplier, but what makes it special is it's silicone base.

Look around for this procuct, if you can't get it try and find an alternative that has the silicone inside.

Liam

Not a 320d
Scrubbed down with a tyre brush then megs high endurance or blackfire gel.

Blackfire not Megs. Megs doesnt last THAT long IMO, blackfire on the other hand lasts a lot longer.

I own both so i think i have the right to pass a comment on the two. I do prefer the look of megs though. Blackfire is good but gives a very wet look, while megs is a bit more subtle.

DCi 100
Scrubbed down with a tyre brush then megs high endurance or blackfire gel.

I use this once a week since I pretty much got the car, and I've gone through about half a bottle in the 7 months or so. Gives it a good wet gel finish.

Honda & VW
i use this stuff, i think its great!
CGNLTG200.jpg

Get the Meguiars purple tyre gel from Halfords, Lasts quite a while. 2 years of washing every few weeks and ive still only used a quarter of it.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Using Megs High Endurance and i've also got some Autosmart Tyre Dandy both good products find the Tyre Dandy a bit messy with it being a spray.

182 Full of Fat
degrease the tyre and scrub with a brush, then apply 2 coats of megs high endurance with the foam wheel applicator. Not cleaned my car for 2 weeks and the tyres are still shining!

BMW E46 330i Touring
The Ag stuff is good, but leaves a nice sharp black look as opposed to a really glossy, greasy one.

I prefer it tbh; it makes the tyre look new instead of covered in s**t.