ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre dressing

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
how do i dress my tyres without covering my just cleaned alloys in the spray? Really annoying problem and haven't been able to find a solution yet!

106 GTi
I apply all my tyre dressing with a paintbrush or a cut up car sponges. Gels or liquids both work well on either.

Although I agree with David, spend more money :)

You can always spray onto a pad and the wipe the tyres, you'll use loads more but it'll do the job. Oh and a gain from doing it this way, you get to use up what you have really quickly so you have no reason not to buy something better :)

thanks to the area rep with the green mk1 top bloke at trax

let me use half of his cleaning gear all i supplied was the polish, he showed me a top tip mentioned above with a paint brush. reminds me i should buy some of this stuff this weekend

thanks again bud as i said before my car wont be standing next to yours again, all that elbow grease took days to recover......

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I also use a paint brush, I use Megs endurance tire gel the most but have a few different products for tires. I have never tried the chemical guys New Look Trim Gel on them though.
But, I wouldn't be surprised if was very good as they have a great range.

172 Cup
I find the Megs endurance is not bad, however i dont like the greasy feel it leaves and the amount of sling it produces either.

When I order my next batch of products I think i'll try the CG or the poorboys one.

Mito Sportiva 135
I have recently got some of the Turtle Wax Platinum Series Revitalising Tyre Dressing (what a mouthfull!) and found it to be really good and seems to last for ages even in the wet. For added gloss I use the CG's New Look dressing over the top, the products seem to work well together, both for looks and durability.

RB 182
I used to use Meg's Endurance Gel but the sling is quite bad so I went to CG New Look Trim Gel which seems to be a bit better. I might try some PB Bold'n'Bright as I've heard that quite good.