ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre gell or restorer???

hi guys when i clean my car and want the tyres to look brand new i have been using the auto glym tyre stuff but there is alot of overspray does not really cover very well or give a deep gloss look and makes a mes of the alloys when it is dry? what other stuff is good that does not generate overspray like a tyre gell or something? or is autoglym good stuff just need to apply with a cloth rather than spray it on? cheers many thanks

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah, use a brush or an old sponge. Alternatively, I find Megs Endurance Gel very good for tyres. I tedn to apply once after the wheels have been cleaned and then again at the end of the cleaning process, and then buff off half an hour later.

106 GTi
Watery based products apply with a thickish paint brush.

Gels with a foam applicator.

cheers guys why do they bother putting in a spray bottle with the over spray problem he he so is the autoglym stuff highly recommended for the finish? if i pore a bit into a cup and go round with a brush is will be better? cheers guys thanks again i did it at the weekend after washing the car and the wheels looked shocking afterwards..i wiash you could get a product that you can spray on the tyres and wheels at the same time that leaves a good finish....do muc off do something like this???

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
cheers guys why do they bother putting in a spray bottle with the over spray problem he he so is the autoglym stuff highly recommended for the finish? if i pore a bit into a cup and go round with a brush is will be better? cheers guys thanks again i did it at the weekend after washing the car and the wheels looked shocking afterwards..i wiash you could get a product that you can spray on the tyres and wheels at the same time that leaves a good finish....do muc off do something like this???

Yes!

106 GTi
Get an old jam jar - poor it in, any left over in it just put the lid on till next time.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I got the packs of 100ml stuff for xmas...just wash and reuse those when empty, and dip a paintbrush in for the tyres...just don't put too much in there in case little bits accumulate when you are dabbing the brush.