ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre gurus in here 15'' tyre choice

182, 6r GTi
had a search and cant find anything im looking for more than a simple yes or no answer an insight in to why would be great

i see most people run 195/50 on 15 inch wheels specifically 7j

why dont people run 205/50 on a 15 inch rim

is it simply because they are more expensive or is there a performance aspect to it ?

is there less flex in a 195 meaning more grip ?

or is the lager of a 205 better for grip ?

thanks steve

225 Cup & Williams
Me personally I ran 195 for the price and looks. I couldn't tell you how 205's would perform infact you don't really read of many people running 205's on here.

Impreza Wagon
I think the 205's just buldge over the rims too much and look a bit crap! I also pressume that 195 is a more generic size thus being cheaper to produce as the demand is higher?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I've ran 205 888's and 195's the 205's did scrub the inner arch liners though on OZ F1's..

Ask Fred@BTM - If I recall correctly I think he has said he recommends 205/50 r15 to customers?

One BIG advantage of 15s is the cheaper tyre... but only when they're 195/50's. (205 width still cheaper in 15's than in 16's though)

205's might give more grip but is it noticeable? I consider it to be the best wheel/tyre choice in theory, but not tried it.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
205 will essentially give you a 10mm wider tread pattern and potentially more cornering grip. 205/50-15 is also an unusual tyre size and are nearly double the price of the equivalent 195/50-15 tyre.

Whether it's worth it (and if you'd even notice the difference) is another question.

182, 6r GTi
In a 16 i much prefer the 205 to the 195,

but in a 15 im not sure as iv only tried a 195

in not after looks its function over looks for me so which one looks better doesn't bother me

Tyre price doesn't seem to be that big from a 195 to a 205 only £10 more for the tyres im looking at

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm just about to order 4 new tyres for my valver. 195/50/15 and i'll probably be going with my usual Verdestein Sportracs.

Although people on here rave about Rainsport2's so i'm considering them, and I tracked a 182 yesterday that had P Zero Nero's on it and I loved them.

Decisions decisions...

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Dan what do you want to use them on?

Rainsports are awesome for using in the crap weather but do lack ultimate dry grip.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dan what do you want to use them on?

Rainsports are awesome for using in the crap weather but do lack ultimate dry grip.

Standard road car, nothing else. My 'proper' valver has PE2's on it.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I've currently got 205 rainsports but thinking of going hankook.. (if I keep it) now its summer!