ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre HELP plz

"Navy" N17 TWO
Got 2 front tyres in desperate need of replacing :dapprove:

I have Avon 205/40/17 W ZZ3 RF all-round and have done me 18 months - no probs :)

Priced around today - the Avon I have on are £90 a piece
Marangoni (not sure what model) are £60 a piece
Been told that both of these tyres are mid-range and suitable for everday use, hence my interest

Urgently need a few opinions to put my mind at rest :)

Avon or Marangoni ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Trev

Recaro Black Gold 182
I had Avon ZV3's previously on my car but wasn't impressed with them at all and have never heard of Marangoni.

Sorry not much help :S

Mégane RS
I think goodyear eagle f1 are about £80-90 from my tyres and they are really good tyres

Megane225FF
I've had some Marangoni on my 1.6 fiesta.. not the best, but then again, not the worst...
probably best to stick to the avon's if you're unsure.

Mégane RS
i know yeah £90 for a avon tyre is overpriced in my opinion, get the good years, just noticed when i was searching through mytyres that they now do PE2's in 205/40/17's :)

Chocolate Bar™
i got some marangoni zeta (came with my wheels) and i think they're excellent. really good tyres. so if its them for 60quid id get them bought.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Priced Pirelli and Goodyear too - waaaay over my budget and few days to wait on them - paid for my FKs today :approve:

thedoc said:
probably best to stick to the avon's if you're unsure.

It was between the 2 in question as I needed to get the tyres urgent;
roads around here are in bad shape and I wasn't taking any chances with wonky tyres.
The arse of the car was going crazy in some corners. Better safe than sorry I guess

Just home now - got the 2 front Avons replaced for £145 all-in :)

Thanks for the hints :)
Trev