ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre opinions - hankook/falken/vredestein

firstly, i know there are countless threads about tyres on here, so apols in advance

i'm running Contisport Contacts, but am fed up with the wear rate and fancy a change. think i'm looking at three different tyres, all recommended by different sources:

Hankook V12 - but can't seem to find them in 195/45/16; are they available? don't want to up the tyre size

Falken 912 - these are looking likeliest; wondering how those who use them find their grip/wear rate

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - these did very well in EVO's 2007 tyre test, but, again, can't find them in 195/45/46 - ?

any advices much appreciated

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You can get Vredestein Sportrac 3's in that size. They are very good. I have them on my car just now, and they always do well in tests. The user reviews on tyrereviews.co.uk rate them higher that the Sessanta's.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I don't have anything to compare it to on this car, but I reckon I'll get about 10 maybe 11k out of these. I'd really need to check tbh. I'll have a look when I get home.

that's encouraging, as the Contis are not lasting me much more than 10k anyway. how many miles do you reckon you've already put on them?

looking for summer tyres, BTW - snow will be gone shortly:D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Why don't you want to go to a 205? The v12 is the best road tyre I've used.

Track 172cup
i've just ordered a set of Hankook V12's for road/track use so hopefully they will stand up to a bit of punishment !

the stuff you've written about them on here is interesting, but i just don't want to 'over tyre' the car, really. there's expense as well (although i realise they're pretty cheap already)

are they defo not available in 195?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Vredesteins! :) Got them sitting ready to go on the Z4. Look at Camskill, cheapest in uk for them! Wouldn't use Falken ever again and have no experience of Hankook...But nothing would make me use them?!