ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre pressures for 15" wheels on 182

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Me want to know also... I've got them at 30psi all the way round but would like to know correct pressure please. What do ph1 172 have them set at?

M2 Competition
Is this for a track car dan? Will it be stripped or not? On your new coilovers?

Im running 32 front, 28 rear on 15" yoko paradas for road.

On track i put the fronts up to 34ish, but keep the rear the same...

Stripped bare, 15's, ledas on a track set-up. Id say experiment though. Throw it at a few corners, see what you like. Its amazing how much difference tyre pressures make to handling.

M2 Competition
Lol, you dont need a professionals opinion mate. Do a few laps of the track, and take a pump with you.

You'll soon see how much scrubbing you're getting on sidewalls, and how planted the rear feels, and change them to suit.

Thought you'd done plenty of trackdays before?

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I've got H&R's on mine and the rear feels strange on the road so will try 32/28 and see how I get on. Thanx

clio 200 F4Rt
on track i dropped the pressure in my Yoko A048R's to approx 26psi, as when they warm up they average about 31psi.

Over inflated they just destroyed the centre of the tyre.

Mk2 172
Lol, you dont need a professionals opinion mate. Do a few laps of the track, and take a pump with you.

You'll soon see how much scrubbing you're getting on sidewalls, and how planted the rear feels, and change them to suit.

Thought you'd done plenty of trackdays before?

I wasnt on about the track. I just meant everyday thats all!

Breaking A 172 Replica
I find a bit of 30 front 28 back is best for me. If I am honest though I can't tell if its jsut one PSI here or there.

Sam

Turbo Beige
Is this for a track car dan? Will it be stripped or not? On your new coilovers?

Im running 32 front, 28 rear on 15" yoko paradas for road.

On track i put the fronts up to 34ish, but keep the rear the same...

Stripped bare, 15's, ledas on a track set-up. Id say experiment though. Throw it at a few corners, see what you like. Its amazing how much difference tyre pressures make to handling.

I had to drop my paradas down to 25psi to prevent stupid amounts of understeer on my last trackday.

RenaultSport 182
I have absolutely no clue when it comes to psi and what I should be using, But mine are:

30 at the front
32 at the back <--- How wrong is that?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Day to day I think mine are 30 front and back, that's pretty much all motorway driving though, no idea if that's any good but it feels good :)

Shhh
i run at about 33 all round, and i mainly do B roads, its all on the tyres, if its wearing too far over, i reduce them, ifs its not, i increase them..

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I run 205/50/15 with a 200 compound tyre that is on B14s and partly stripped & B road use.

what would people advise for that set up please?.

Currently on 32F 30R