ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Pressures

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi All

I have some contisportcontacts 195/45/R16 on my standard 172 alloys. I have pumped them up to the specified pressures (31 psi) as stated in the renault handbook, but they still look flat, and the steering feels like they need more pressure. Where can I find the correct pressures for these tyres, as Im sure they are not the tyres that came factory fitted. I have checked the continental website but cant find any info .

Please move this if its in the wrong forum :)

172 Cup
my mate in his cup had his conti's fitted by a garage. and it really hadled much better! we checked the pressure of the tyres and they were 37psi.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
hmmm I use 34 front and 32 back I picked that up from somebody on here.
You think that's a little too high?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Thomss said:
hmmm I use 34 front and 32 back I picked that up from somebody on here.
You think that's a little too high?

Im going to try 35 F 33 R

I think 37 is slightly high. If yours are running ok and there is no excess wear in the middle of the tyre and the wear is uniform, then it must be ok.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I wonder this too. I run 30psi all round, when I've inflated more (172 entirely standard) i've had nasty high speed handling,.. talking brown trouser situations...

What is the book psi for the 172?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Because of the extra weight with the engine being in the front, I've been putting mine at 32f 30r, but have just started to try 34f 32r to see if the fuel economy is any better as I'm doing a wee bit of mileage, and with the petrol prices slowly rising again, wanna make sure I can get as many miles out of a full tank as possible!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Because of the extra weight with the engine being in the front, I've been putting mine at 32f 30r, but have just started to try 34f 32r to see if the fuel economy is any better as I'm doing a wee bit of mileage, and with the petrol prices slowly rising again, wanna make sure I can get as many miles out of a full tank as possible!

1998 BMW e46 323i
i just read, after doing a lengthy search (site is slow tonight eh), that the official psi is 33f 31r... But hey, my digi tyre pressure gauge is +/- 1 psi accurate anyway.

Gonna try this tomorrow when tyres are cold

1998 BMW e46 323i
Raised my pressures to 33f 31r and the car feels incredible; seems to carry more momentum and corners much much more cleanly.

Was fine at :race: motorway speeds too.

Well happy