ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Question

The Beast MK4
Quick query. On my 172 I have three Pirelli P-Zero's and a Continental.

There is one Conti along with a Pirelli on the front, I'll be switching these with the two at the back to obviously match up the fronts.

Now is having a mismatch at the back a serious issue?

Also how good in your opinion are the P-Zeros?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I think it is...a huge issue.

If people "lose" it in a Clio it tends to be because they lose the back end.

Having two different tyres on the same axle with different levels of grip/breakaway is only asking for trouble in my opinion, especially if that mismatched axle is at the rear.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
a539s all round;-) good for some basic track action too, as long as you know not to go pushing it to hard in the wet. had odd tyres on the rear of an old car of mine, used to get unstable. always try and have the same tyre all round now

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my mums got 4 different tyres on the dynamique, everyone the cheapest the garage had at the time, things all over the place in the wet lol, nearly spun it on a roundabout at 30mph (usually take it at about 60mph in mine) in the wet!