ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre question

C

Cupster

Has anyone noticed a difference from switching from 195 to 205 section tyres?

My F1's are almost dead so I have decided to go with PE2's but cant decide on which size:

205/45R16 83V
or
195/45R16 84V

205's are about 30 quid more for four.

Discuss.....

C

Cupster

Does this seem a reasonable quote?

4 x Tyres £ 406.30 (Save £21.38)
Fully inclusive of Valve, Balancing, Disposal, VAT & Mobile Fitting at your Home or Work address.
www.event-tyres.co.uk

EDIT: Quoted for the 205's

Clio 182
I'm running 195's now and I haven't really noticed any difference other than slightly lighter steering at low/parking speeds and the cost.

Highly recommended if you're on a budget like me.

The car looked better on 205 pe2's mind you, plus the alloys were better protected.

C

Cupster

Rollo: Did your 205's rub on the back, or on fulllock for the front? (Or both,lol) did you have them on Turinis or just 172 rims?

Donut: Cheers for the info, Avon are a def no for me, although the price is very tempting, I am a firm believer in getting what you pay for. Something that ran true with Toyos in the past (IMO.)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I had 182 wheels with 205s on, on my 172, they rubbed front and back.

200 Gordini
Seems a good price, ive just paid £106 per tyre fitted etc for PE2's 205/45/16.

Bought 2 as 2 still have decent tread. My 2 new tires are W rating and the front 2 are the standard V.

This cool?

C

Cupster

From what I have seen the W is the XL or Extra Load tyre. They are about a fiver a corner more expensive iirc.

200 Gordini
They only had these, i got them for £106 fitted then i cant complain.

Would you say these would weigh more?

C

Cupster

^^ Where where where?

Best quote had so far is £306 for a mobile fully fitted service.