ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre recommendations PLEASE!! Clio 172

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Need a good tyre recommendation for my clio

Need something that will be a good performer all around. I dont want winter or hybrid just good tyres which can survive in rain. They need to grip well. I dont track my car so not fussed about track tyres.

I have seen Continental Sport Contact 3 and michelin ps3's are these any good are there any better? I dont want to spend no more than £70

Cheers

PH2 172

Need something that will be a good performer all around. I dont want winter or hybrid just good tyres which can survive in rain. They need to grip well. I dont track my car so not fussed about track tyres.

I have seen Continental Sport Contact 3 and michelin ps3's are these any good are there any better? I dont want to spend no more than £70

Cheers
PS3`s . This is not the first or last tyre thread,but look at previous ones

clio 182 trophy
Pirelli p zero nero gt's were around that price at some point when i had them. Really rated them tbh despite what some say. Especially for the price. Got michelin ps3's on now and there isn't a great deal in them tbh. Also they lasted f**king ages on the rears. Ages. Was very happy with them and would def have them again.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I had continental sportcontact2 on my 172 and Twingo RS and they were great. Very surefooted i found on standard suspension setups.
Never wanted for anything better

Had Michelin PE2 on the 182 Cup and loved them, last 20k nearly on the front and 55k on the back.

Please do yourself a favour, dont get Uniroyal Rainsports. Thats what i have atm, and I hate them

PH2 172

Cheers

Sorry,I forgot to ask along with everyone else,what car are you running,and tyre size required?

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry,I forgot to ask along with everyone else,what car are you running,and tyre size required?
Sorry steve I have a 1.2 Dynamique with 172 wheels so the size is 195/45/R16 I believe. I have budget tyres atm and I find everytime I enter a round about at say 40ish the front wheels lose traction and the car oversteers.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go with the PE3's tbh.

Conti are ok on the 200 to be fair, but always been a michy fan boy.

mk1 Octavia VRS
I think those Dunlops are more of a touring/eco tyre than a sport tyre.
For mid range tyres I can recommend the Hankook Ventus S1 Evos. I have these on the front of my Clio at the moment and have previously had them on another car too. Not quite as good as premium tyres (like Michelin PS3, Goodyear Eagle F1) but excellent for the money and really good in the wet too. The Yokohama S drives might also be worth a look but I have never tried those.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
I think those Dunlops are more of a touring/eco tyre than a sport tyre.
For mid range tyres I can recommend the Hankook Ventus S1 Evos. I have these on the front of my Clio at the moment and have previously had them on another car too. Not quite as good as premium tyres (like Michelin PS3, Goodyear Eagle F1) but excellent for the money and really good in the wet too. The Yokohama S drives might also be worth a look but I have never tried those.
Does the fuel rating make a noticeable difference those dunlops apparenlty have A grip and C fuel where as the PS3's had A grip and F fuel

mk1 Octavia VRS
Does the fuel rating make a noticeable difference those dunlops apparenlty have A grip and C fuel where as the PS3's had A grip and F fuel
That would make sense as the PS3 is a sport tyre and the Dunlop you linked to I think is a touring/economy tyre. I doubt there would be a huge in between fuel economy between different tyres of the same size - tyre pressures and driving style will have much more of an effect!

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
@172_Tom @STEVE.M
I was looking at my tyres and there apparently the best rated budgets accelera I believe there called. They are £40 a corner I was ragging the hell out of it today and it was holding pretty well its just bad in the wet. I think I might get the dunlops based on the ratings. Unless theres a major difference to why I should get a PS3. Thanks for your help so far!

mk1 Octavia VRS
I would go for the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo over the Dunlop Blue Response. The Hankooks should be a big upgrade from Acceleras!

If you want to spend £70+ per tyre then my money would go on PS3s or PZeros.

Other sites to look at to compare prices:
Blackcircles
mytyres.co.uk
tyreleader.co.uk

I have ordered from all of those and Camskill over the years.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The ratings are bs imo. A bit like mpg figures for new cars. Hankook s1 or v12 work very well on the clios.