ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre suggestions for my cup

alryt i was thinking about getting the toyo tir's as iv heard alot bof good things about them but iv been lookin at a few past threads where people have nothing good 2xay about them... im running F1's at the min but they useless as soon as it gets cold

any suggestions would be great
cheers

Stripped yozza'd cup
Having said that, the rainsports that I have on the back of my cup have been brilliant so far. They're very well priced too.

Don't be too put off by the toyo haters. Many will just jump on the band wagon as it was once written in 2006.

If you just want a generic tyre for road use and don't drive like an idiot, they will more than suffice.

Stripped yozza'd cup
If you just want a generic tyre for road use and don't drive like an idiot, they will more than suffice.

I don't really understand this.... My tyre choice is as much of a safety issue as a performance one... If that extra 1% is going to save me from hitting a tree, I'll take it.

Clio 172 Cup
ATS can still get a hold of PE2's in 195/45/16 form, I have just bought 4 from them, best tyre I've ever used, not just on grip, but noise and wear to.

GB 182 FF
Khumo KU31

do you have them on yours? I've got them on another car and love them to bits so would happily chuck them on the new clio...

imho I'd only really run Hankook RS2's in summer as when they go cold they suck balls bigtime

do you have them on yours? I've got them on another car and love them to bits so would happily chuck them on the new clio...

imho I'd only really run Hankook RS2's in summer as when they go cold they suck balls bigtime

Got them on all 4 corners on both the A3 2.0TDi and the TT 225. Great tyre, can't recommend them highly enough.

What? They've been perfectly fine on my Cup over the cold periods! Swear by them now at just over £50 a corner in 15's and cope very well on track also!

GB 182 FF
What? They've been perfectly fine on my Cup over the cold periods! Swear by them now at just over £50 a corner in 15's and cope very well on track also!

maybe it was my lack of weight over them that was the issue, but once they went cold it was hard as hell to get them to work again (in the end I put them on the front of our mk4 astra to get them to warm up and kill them off lol)

Dodgy one
Khumo KU31

Thats what i'm running now, I only put them on on Saturday morning so havent done a huge amount of miles on them, but with the bit of wet weather weve had so far they've been pretty good for fresh rubber

197 FF Glacier White
alryt i was thinking about getting the toyo tir's as iv heard alot bof good things about them but iv been lookin at a few past threads where people have nothing good 2xay about them... im running F1's at the min but they useless as soon as it gets cold

any suggestions would be great
cheers

Wasting your time! You'll get a load of responses, each with different suggestions!

I'll throw my opinion in though. Goodyear Eagle F1s all round, I've used them for a while on a fair few different cars, always good, especially in the wet. They wear fast though.
I have F1s on the front of my cup at the moment, they grip so well in the wet the rears struggle! I've got some F1's for the rear, just wearing down the crappy rears a little more first!

If your F1s seem poor, I'd suggest they must be old? I found on an old car of mine that saw little use that after a couple of years on the car, despite being almost new, they started to wear quickly and the walls showed signs of cracking.

They are cheap for what they offer though, just wear them out fast and enjoy!

G

Edit - They look good too!

Wasting your time! You'll get a load of responses, each with different suggestions!

I'll throw my opinion in though. Goodyear Eagle F1s all round, I've used them for a while on a fair few different cars, always good, especially in the wet. They wear fast though.
I have F1s on the front of my cup at the moment, they grip so well in the wet the rears struggle! I've got some F1's for the rear, just wearing down the crappy rears a little more first!

If your F1s seem poor, I'd suggest they must be old? I found on an old car of mine that saw little use that after a couple of years on the car, despite being almost new, they started to wear quickly and the walls showed signs of cracking.

They are cheap for what they offer though, just wear them out fast and enjoy!

G

Edit - They look good too!

yea iv got them all round they were already on thre car when i bought it last month.. the front grip is quite gd unless u put ya foot down then itl spin up at 70 n thats with F1's thats only dun 6k at most and yea the F1's on the bk really strugglre it just brakes free all the time even when jmust taking it steady

Clio 172
Im running Dunlop SP Sports at the min and they are really good in all conditions. Ive used Uniroyal rain tyres in the past tho and they are a very good all round tyre aswell

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
When I had F1's, although very grippy I found they wore to quickly and unevenly with the sides scrubbing off quickly. Hankook v12's grip is just as good if not better and wear better imo.

cheers 4 all the suggestions lads al just get summit bought n c if iv made the right choice or not suppose its all trial and error but lets hope the error dusn't lead through a fence or down a ditch ha

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Jesus Christ mitch, put a few more letters in your words and take the time to make your posts easier for everyone else to read. :dapprove:

You would have got more replies having presented your question in the correct manner.

On a positive note, I ran Continental Sport Contacts all round on my 172 from brand new down to the tread wear indicator and they were never short of impressive. Managed 25,000 miles on the fronts. Proper driving too, not trundling around town.

Michelin Pilot Exaltos on the 182 Cup at the moment. Happy with these too. :approve:

Hope this helps - apologies for the grammar lesson - not meant offensively.;)

Iceberg 172
I've tried so many tyres on so many cars and my best set so far have been Goodyear F1's... they last longer than an awful lot of others but off great grip all year round imo.

As soon as I scrub out the Toyo's I'm currently running (just put the fronts on the rear and vice a versa) I'll be getting four new F1's.

Although I have no complaints with the Toyo's... they do the job perfectly well... I just think they've worn quickly for the driving I do... which is normally fairly sensible.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive always swore by F1s but they were getting pricey, at £29 a corner for T1-Rs i gave them a go after a mate recomended them and they are awesome wet or dry and i dont hang about!!