ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre wear...

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Please see the attatched photo. Is this because of my poor driving? Or is this because of poor tracking? I have had the car tracked 6 times this year alone. Lots of new parts on suspension and steering.

This is drivers side (lhd car), passenger side is not as bad as this side.

IMAG0409.jpg

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
This, plus they look like Toyo T1R's which are a pretty soft tyre.

Do you use the car on track at all?

They are TR1's. I have used the car on track... however these particular tyres have not made it to track yet. I'm pretty gutted as they have massive tread right up to the wear on the edge.

Coming off motorways here in the Netherlands they have lovely big sweeping bends, i suspect this is there I have lent on them a little too hard.

172 Phase 1
Get some negative camber on the front. I put 1.5 - 2 degrees neg camber and solved my problems. Helps out a lot on track too.

You can machine the top hole of the hub to shock mounting point and take it to a decent wheel alignment shop who can get it right for you.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I went through a set of t1rs on the front of mine like butter. I won't be buying them again.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
This, plus they look like Toyo T1R's which are a pretty soft tyre.

Do you use the car on track at all?

If your talking to the both of us, then my answer is nope! I've never used my car on a track as of yet. But there are some bends which I take extremely fast with understeer when there is nobody about and plenty of space.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed! Most fun I've ever had! Got to get it perfect though and not come off the gas too quickly or it will grip like a b**ch with full lock on. I'm a bit of a psycho.

That understeer technique is going to bite you in the arse one day and you are going to have a big crash. Oh so very big.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
That understeer technique is going to bite you in the arse one day and you are going to have a big crash. Oh so very big.

Then it shall happen! I thoroughly enjoy it, I thoroughly enjoy driving, I thoroughly enjoy racing. If it kills me one day, so be it.