ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyreleader experiences?

As above, has anyone on here used them recently and got experience with dealing with them? Was looking at a set of Michelin PS3's in 205/45 zr16 87w, however noticed they have 2 different price listings for what appears to be the same tyre, one around £84 per corner and the other £87? Anyone that ordered recently and knows what the difference is if any at all? Was wondering if it was to do with the dates on the tyres maybe... Sent them a message y'day asking but no reply so far, can't see a number to phone either! Cheers

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
The website is shite for information.

Looking, the cheaper one says its a GreenX model which is to do with better fuel economy rating. But according to tyre leader website that one actually has a worse fuel economy rating over the more expensive one so take either with a pinch of salt. The ratings are a load of balls anyway.

Cheaper on lovetyres and Openeo anyway.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Tyreleader are great, ordered 4 PS3's in feb and they turned up a few days later.
ttEteyV.jpg

The difference seems to be GREENX which is some eco thing where you get less rolling resistance and XL which is extra load.

Yes I did also notice that the 'green' ones appeared to actually have a worse fuel economy rating, makes no sense whatsoever! Will have a look on those 2 sites as well, cheers!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
£75 a corner for the 83V on lovetyres seems a decent deal...there really that much of a difference between the 83V and 87W?
No not really, your car will only do 144mph and V is rated to 148 W is 168.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I got put off using them due to some crap reviews. Ordered my rsr's from pneus online, faultless.

I got put off using them due to some crap reviews. Ordered my rsr's from pneus online, faultless.

The website is a bit of a nightmare, difficult to understand the differences if any between their listings and seems impossible to contact them with any questions! Just ordered 4 x ps3's 87w from Oponeo, nice simple website and a straightforward order with free delivery within 2 days. Looking forward to getting them on in place of the nangkang ns-2's up front and the budget rears, been on the car since I got it so should notice a nice difference lol

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
£75 a corner for the 83V on lovetyres seems a decent deal...there really that much of a difference between the 83V and 87W?

I see you've ordered the 87W XL anyway but some people report that the none XL sidewalls on the 83Vs do not feel as nice.

I see you've ordered the 87W XL anyway but some people report that the none XL sidewalls on the 83Vs do not feel as nice.

I seen that, seemed to be a few very different opinions on them but overall it seemed that the 87 xl were the ones to go for with the stiffer sidewalls, will see how I get on with them!

How do you rate the ns2's on the road. My cup needs a set of tyres

The ns-2's have very decent levels of grip for the road in the dry however in the wet I have experienced aqua planing a good few times, not a fan of them for that reason!

Mini GP2
Always order from TyreLeader, never really read the facts and figures on their website, usually research this stuff on other website but always had excellent service from them and will continue to use.