ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres.....(again, sorry)

Right, the place I was going to get the cheap Toyo PX4s from seem dodgy as fook so not bothering with them and decided am just going to go with good ol' black circles. Question now is what do I go for? Currently have Contis all round and jsut need to replace the front 2. My options as I see it are:

Contis at £122.29 each fitted
Toyo T1-R at £87.96 each fitted
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 at £93.84 each fitted
Toyo Proxes PX4 at £93.70 each fitted

or something else you guys recommend?

Part of me is saying I should just fit contis and forget about it, but then the other part of me is saying the other 3 are all good tyres and are to cost £60 less!

edit: Also whats the longevity like on them all? I'm not going to get much more than 7k miles out the contis :(

Last edited:
Dont want 4 and dont want them delivered to my door ;)

I want 2 fitted to my front alloys locally, hence thinking fook it and going black circles.

C

crofty66

i had had 2 t1r's on the front for 15k before i got my coilovers and they had plenty of mileage left in them. Even when i had 4 new ones fitted they went for 1k with the tracking and camber well out. imo, if you are paying 30 quid more per tyre and getting 1000s of miles less use out of them then there is no questin about it. just think 2 tyres =60 quid and change twice as often 120quid. think what else that could get you.

Lee

BMW M2C
You'll get the Contis fitted and balanced at Kwik Fit for £129 each.

Check out how much PE2s are in that size!!!!!

7k is bad. You into car park burnouts Stu? lol I got 15k out of mine, and I did 2 track evenings. 12k of that is sat in slow assed traffic though.

Most of my mileage is fast A roads so that probably doesn't help.

oh and PE2s are only £15 a corner more than contis

Golf GTD Mk7
are pe2's good on the 197? You could always order them tyres, get them delivered and have them fitted locally for 10quid a corner.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Can you get the new goodyear f1 assymmetric in the 197 fitment? Meant to be very good.

Nankang - NS-2 2503
Star Performer - UHP 1063
Toyo - PROXES T1-R 1006
Goodyear - EAGLE F1 GS-D3 713

i have been on a website called tyretest.com

and they have some reviews on all the tyres we all been raving about!!

they go in the above order of how amazing they are.

Now u might be wondering what the numbers after are!! well they are, they amount of votes each tyre has from real living people!!

oh by the way i have managed to find somewhere that will fit 4 sexy toyo proxes t-1rs for 49 pound each!!

Sorry

its a place in morden if you live near i can give you there number!!

they will prob give a good rate for other tyres too

General public votes on tyres like that is pointless because different people want/need different things from their tyres.

I have no idea where Morden is and I presume that the £49 each is in 172/182 fitment.

172 cup
just been quoted by my local garage at £61 a corner fitted for T1R-s

sounds like there ripping you off, go elsewhere

Riley you drive a 172, I drive a 197, you might wanna reserve judgement untill you check the price of tires in 197 size.

172 cup
did not notice they were for a 197 as nothing was said on car or size. What size are they for the 197?

Once you include shipping costs and fitting costs the goodyears are more expensive than blackcircles and they toyos are going to work out a tiny bit cheaper but more hassle.

I got mine brand new off eBay. Paid, and they fitted them at their factory (was local to me - score!) about 20 minutes later. Cheap too :D