ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres, Last Thread

Not a 320d
HAI

Ok, so, I have the money to buy 4 new tyres now, I want PE2's from what you doods have said about them. Im going to stop being a ***** and man up and buy them.

My current tyre width is 195/50/16 with some Pilot Primacy tyres.

Ive been told i can go to 205/45 with minimal effect on the cars speedo which is fine.

BUT, surely the tyres will go from this straight wall;

|_|

to this like stretched but in the opposite direction when i stick 205's on....

/_\

Bit of an exaggeration lol, but will this lead to more tyre wall sway or scrubbing? Just concerned before i shell out 400 bucks.

PS, where is the best place to buy from. I have found here;

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/car-tyres-MICHELIN/PILOT,EXALTO,PE,2/205,45,R16,83,V,(FSL).html

330i. E30 Touring.
When you think the difference is 10mm, you won't notice any difference. You may find you get slightly more grip, and less flex from the sidewalls because of the lower profile. Also, you're likely to have a bigger looking archgap (unless the car's lowered).

Not a 320d
sureley the profile wont really change, its a percentage ?

The car is lowered. im not worried about the gap :)

330i. E30 Touring.
The profile will change if you go from 50 to 45, lol. Not a huge amount, but it will.

if you're not worried about the gap, crack on..

Which size is cheaper?

Not a 320d
s**t really?!

I thought the fact id said "like stretched but in the opposite direction" would have been slightly obvious......