ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

BG 182
I had 4 new Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 tyres fitted, all 4 wheels balanced and Laser tracking done. Only done 30 miles on them on way to work today, and it feels a little wierd like the tyres are sliding a little even when cornering at just 25/30 mph. Is there some kind of period of time for the tyres to wear in to get there full grip levels? Any friendly advice would be appreciated.

Ad

MK2 FRS
also they will need scrubbing properly... they have the mould release agent, think the advice is that it can be around 200miles of normal driving

Mercedes SLK350
You will need to scrub your tyres in, when I picked up my Inferno 182, the steering was very vague compared to the Arctic 182 I traded in. After a few miles the steering became more responsive as the tyres became more grippy.

I think you also need to swap your tyres pressures around.

BG 182
It says on Tyre made in germany:

quote from reciept:

Ordered tyres:

Article No.: R-103341
Order No.: 3638956
Brand, Profile and Size: Goodyear EAGLE F1 GS-D3 195/45 R16 84V XL BSW
No. of items: 4

Have i bought the wrong ones??

BG 182
Bump

Ok the tyres are made in Germany and are XL (maybe a little unneccesary considering the weight of the clio but hey, i didnt know that)

So can some one please help me with the exact pressures i should use with these tyres at the moment , front and rear. Thanks.s

sm_wrc has given you the tyre pressures. They will be a lot lot better once you've done a few miles on them, take it easy for a bit.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
33 front 30 rears . But as said , new tyres take a few miles to scrub in .