ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH/multi timer unit/radio error

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
Hi all

Hi all, two different probs here, firstly is the UCH the same thing as Mutli timer unit, sorry for stupid question but I've been told to get new multi timer unit and renault dont know what this is!!! I described where it is and what it does and he called it UCH (after a while of head scratching)?

Next question, my radio code needed to be input and I put wrong one in (we have two clio's and I picked up wrong book) it just shows error on radio panel now and wont let me try again altho I do have correct code now, how do I get it to let me try again, does disconnecting battery for a while work?

Also regarding first question, I have been told I need to plug car to laptop when changing Multi timer Unit as car will be dead if I dont, is this true? Cos I have read a couple of threads where someone has unplugged/plugged the unit and no problems. Also have been quoted £192 + vat from the Renault, any cheaper ones out there (want OEM and new)?

thanks

BMW M135i
Yes the multi timer unit is the same thing as the UCH for all intents and purposes, the MTU was just the slightly more basic unit fitted to the Ph1. The uch replaced it in the ph2 onwards.

How many times have you input the wrong radio code? If only the 3 time it should let you re-enter the code after 30 minutes left on or similar. If its been more than that (10 iirc) then the radios blocked.

UCH change is a renault only job as it needs coding to the car as it has several functions including the immobiliser so you can't really go swapping it yourself unfortunately unless you know someone with a clip computer. Was that quote fitted or just for the uch?

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
just the UCH price, didn't want a heart attack so didn't ask for price fitted, I've got someone who has clip computer on standby tho, only entered code once, didn't try leaving it on tho, I'll try that next time I'm at the car, prob weekend.

thanks

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
uch you will have to get codes from renault to program the computer and the keys to the uch everything bmh said is correct (ben do you want my job)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Also have been quoted £192 + vat from the Renault, any cheaper ones out there (want OEM and new)?

thanks

Gutted, sure I paid about £300 odd incl labour for the replacement UCH I had to have in the 1.6 :dead:

They had trouble recoding it & one of the keys 'allegedly' wouldnt resync & so 'apparently' had to have the board replaced in that too.

All in all it only took them the best part of three weeks to sort out.

Incompetence much? :rolleyes:

Z4
My UCH box went mental, hazzards coming on when they shouldn't etc.

BBA reban sorted it for me, great service and didn't cost much either, do a search on me, I did a thread. You will have to fit it yourself though, easy enough, just a little awkward,

Hope this helps!

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
haven't decided what I'm doing yet, was told its broken (not from renault so i believe him) only the rear demisted and interior light and spending lots more money on xmas right now so we'll see, thanks chris