ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uch removal

172 Ph1
Trying to remove my uch to replace the unit.

Have it it dropped down from dash but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to remove the unit from the wires attached. Am I missing something?

Any advice from someone who has done this before ? Video / pics anywhere?

Thanks.

172 Ph1
Thanks

Tried this but didn't want to use too much force incase I was wrong.

Are they on spade type connectors? Need to be able to put them back in after without damage.,

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah you don't want to pull on the actual wires!

Get a large flat blade screwdriver or a trim tool and pry the plastic connector out. They've been in for 10+ years so will be slightly stiff.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This is the thing you can see, yeah??

30.jpg

172 Ph1
Spade connectors removed easily as above picture.

There are wires on the other side if this unit stopping me from removing the unit from the car.

Picture hopefully to help

8937e5b3b4bab2a70f1eab5debe76e05_zps3e443c8a.gif

Appreciate the help in advance.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have you taken that picture now? Can you take one from a bit further away? You're a bit too close and i'm on my phone.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That's not the UCH?? or if it is, i've never seen one looking like that, and i've removed/refitted a fair few.
MicKPM ?

172 Ph1
Would appreciate any comments.

Trying to get the thing going after too long being laid up!! Mick if you are holidaying in Northern Ireland anytime soon...........???

Many.
Thats a Ph1, Its more a relay box than a UCH.

You can't remove the wires, but everything you need to see/get at/test is on the bottom visible side

172 Ph1
It's out!! 2 tabs on the top to release the white plastic cassette.

Fingers crossed the new one does the job?!!