ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UK 182 Availability

I ordered my 182 back in July and was initally told 2-3 weeks for delivery as there was plenty in stcok in Southampton. I then get a call a week later stating October if I wanted the CD Changer and 3 weeks without. I said scrap the CD Changer and go ahead with the order. After hearing nothing I called to request a delivery date and was told mid-sept as there were no more in stock and this had to be supplied from the factory.

Yet when I look on http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/ it states there are 86 available and others have reported dealers having them in stock. Whats the deal here?

The factory has stopped making normal 182s theres 250 Trophys to make but thats it.

There 83 left but thats probably stock which needs to be delivered/ sitting in a dock in a variety of specifications. Dealers have some as they buy them without customers and then wait till they have them delivered so whiclts there might be 10 or 100 cars innvariest holding places there may only be 10 recognised as being free as the rest are dealers car which have been purchased from them.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 23 August 2005

The factory has stopped making normal 182s theres 250 Trophys to make but thats it.

There 83 left but thats probably stock which needs to be delivered/ sitting in a dock in a variety of specifications. Dealers have some as they buy them without customers and then wait till they have them delivered so whiclts there might be 10 or 100 cars innvariest holding places there may only be 10 recognised as being free as the rest are dealers car which have been purchased from them.

If the factory has stopped making them where is mine coming from? I asked why I had to wait so long and they told me the factory is shut in August so the car will be complete Sept. Just seems strange theres all these Black Gold 182s sitting around in the UK and I have to wait 9 weeks for mine :(

Quote: Originally posted by Spoonie on 23 August 2005

If the factory has stopped making them where is mine coming from? I asked why I had to wait so long and they told me the factory is shut in August so the car will be complete Sept. Just seems strange theres all these Black Gold 182s sitting around in the UK and I have to wait 9 weeks for mine :(
Yours could be one sitting at a dock somwhere. France shuts down August time dock and all yours could be anywhere in France on its way here.

Quote: Originally posted by Leeshez on 24 August 2005

Mine was already made an it came from france
My orignal question was why delivery would be Sept. It appears the dealer couldnt obtain one from stock so its due to be built in September when the factory reopens.

MY04 Scooby STi

I got mine from a place called motor provider in sheffield. only had to wait 10 days for it and paid 3k less then renault prices, (for a brand new car!) Only problem was that I couldnt get the cup options i wanted

Im wondering if that why mines taking longer, ive got both packs on. Nevermind its only 3 weeks to go.... Been a bit like Xmas as a kid, getting excited the nearer it gets, bit sad really :oops:

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

I got my Black Gold pre-reg so was in stock. took 3 days to get it ready. It would have killed me to have to wait 6 weeks!

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup

Still waiting for my full fat 182 black/gold. Delivery 19th Sept and I ordered in mid july! Feels so long ;-(

172 Mk2 Ph1

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago, black gold and both cup packs, delivery first week in October, sounds like I got the same deal as you. Boo!;)

dk

911 GTS Cab

I had to wait just over 5 months for mine when they first came out so think yourselves lucky you lot!

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

When I wanted a 182 I was so impatient that I bought the one in the showroom (unregistered - 9miles on clock) rather than waiting the quoted (at the time) 8weeks!

They have not stopped making 182s yet, they just cannot take any NEW orders as the production slots have been filled, however there are a few dealers that have a few available for october delivery!

As of today, there are 171 Trophy left unsold, 208 182s and 13 V6. The 182 and V6 numbers have increased as we have been asking for extra production from the factory and have managed to obtain some of the build slots from other countries.

Took me a wait of 8 weeks just for my poxy 1.2. Was told they build cars to order. So wishing Id gone for a 182 now though

Quote: Originally posted by Nightfire on 29 August 2005

Took me a wait of 8 weeks just for my poxy 1.2. Was told they build cars to order. So wishing Id gone for a 182 now though
All Renault cars are built to order however they built a last batch of RS Clios cars with no buyers