ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uk iPhone launch any moment...

182 RB FF
Can't you just get it sim free then continue with your current O2 tarrif? i pay £25 for 900 txt and 250 minutes. So if I bought the Iphone sim free couldn't I jut put my sim and it work and get a free phone from O2 at upgrade time and sell to get my money back??

Can't you just get it sim free then continue with your current O2 tarrif? i pay £25 for 900 txt and 250 minutes. So if I bought the Iphone sim free couldn't I jut put my sim and it work and get a free phone from O2 at upgrade time and sell to get my money back??

They won't be doing it Sim free, no..
Otherwise, there's no point in even releasing it with one network.

(And £25 a month isn't enough.. the minimum is £35 now with the iPhone.. ) :)

182 RB FF

They won't be doing it Sim free, no..
Otherwise, there's no point in even releasing it with one network.

(And £25 a month isn't enough.. the minimum is £35 now with the iPhone.. ) :)

Well thats aload of bollox then, mite aswell by it sim free off ebay or better still get one from the states so I don't pay over the odds for it.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i must say it's interesting so many people have comments on it's performance (not directed at Lee this as it's battery is limited when using it to listem to music) but having used one I think they're bloody great. It operates on the exact same software as mac's, not a cut down version like the microsoft stuff and is really usable.

My mates screen wasn't scratched and he'd had it for about a month, what really impressed me was the v/m and organiser functions. You can see the voicemail - pick who's message you want to listen to... plus the email and diary functions work better than my PDA.

I don't agree with the pricing for the UK though - the excuse is apperently the higher tax in the UK and the cost of selling it here... bollox. They've created a 'WANT' by delaying it's release in Europe and are charging as much as they can to offset the rebate they're having to give people in the states :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Theres no doubting its performance, its very good.

But they miss several tricks with the SMS and the MMS (or lack of) side of things.
I'd have one tomorrow if that was improved.

Black 172 MK2
I think this is the bigest waste of money on the phone market atm. For £35 you only get 200mins and 200 txt. Every tariff has had £10 add to it to account for the unlimited internet etc so a £35 iphone tariff is the normal £25 etc etc plus you have to buy the phone, why would anyone do that? theres loads of phones coming out that will do just as much!

Also why do people fear 18 month contracts?

Clio_Smart
As said before its best getting the Ipod Touch and a top new phone out for free on a contract also it can be 12 months with high mins and texts.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Buy the iPhone from Apple and unlock it instead and get the best of both worlds. If you buy from Apple you do not signup for any contract until you activate the handset from home using iTunes, exactly the same way that people are unlocking them in the US.