ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UK Targa / Gumball drives?

CLIO RS 182
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of any targa races or gumball races that allow non-pro drivers and their cars to enter?
I grew up watching things like Targa New Zealand and Targa Tasmania which were great, really would love to see about taking part in one.
Thanks in advance

There is plenty of road rallying still going on. Your local car club will have 12 car rallies running in the winter. Average speeds are limited these days for obvious reasons but it can still require you to get your foot down if the route is tricky.
There are international events all over still if you have the cash. A friend of mine is off to the US to marshall at a rally over there. All the cars are shipped out from here and then they head round the US for 3 weeks and then get shipped back. Can't remember the name of it but the entry fee was 25k IIRC versus 20 quid for a 12 car lol.

CLIO RS 182
Thanks for the reply @mark123 - how are you defining my "local car club?"
I'm not sure I'm looking in the right places to find these things. Maybe I have to find a local car club to me (Greenwich) first? It's not something I would see a lot of postings about on here then?
Thanks again!