ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ultrasonic Cleaning? I need a solution

Unlucky-Racing

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Not sure this comes under detailing as such but I had to pick a section and this is what I went with...

Does anyone use an ultrasonic cleaner to clean nuts, bolts, brackets etc?

if so... what solution what you recommend? I don’t know whether to use a specific solution or to just use a general degreaser. Any ultrasonic experts in here?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
As Dan says, for smaller stuff if you can put it in plastic tubs/bottles with the solution inside and just run water in the tank.

Saves contaminating a load of cleaner just for a few bits.

Unlucky-Racing

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That is me yes.

I use this stuff with awesome results. Alot of people actually just put some containers in the bath filled with petrol and put the parts individually in that. It means you get more of a concentrated clean and it's not diluted with the water.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009HQ3R0S/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Ooh interesting. Might give that a go.

My missus has just bought a similar jewellery cleaner. Might try some nuts and bolts in that and see how they go.