ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unchip fitted today

hi all had my unichip fitted today at millway racing in andover, i got a good result i gained 19bhp started at 156 got up to 175 now, i think that is a good gain and boy does she fly. anyone thinking about gettin a unichip get one the power is awsome.

nothing slow about our 1.1s they top out at an indicated 127mph, thats quick enough for me

what was the cost of the unichip fitted??

right was £470 all in yes was a bit dissapointed with 156 but so many 172s are different but hey one hell of a gain 19bhp and the torque is well up.

yes would love a turbo, as long as you pay but she really flys already tested her out:)

was a custom map yes rr at the start twice then at the end used half tank of petrol but was well worth it, not many 172s pushing out 172 have to ask renault on that one we are cheated:confused:

Megane 225 baby! :)

sounds like it was a result then craigy!!!! :) :D :)

definitely have to check her out soon especially after everything else is done to her!!!! ;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

But in theory you shouldnt really have to pay for 19bhp that renault should have given you in the first place.

Maybe its the ECUs that are the cause of the slow variations??

well when i was up at ep motorsport, ian told me that every engine isdynoed at ren b4 goin into the 172s/cupss, then all the ones that are spot on power get put in the cups and all the ones that are down go in the 172s.....

wether thats true or not i dont know, but thats just another thing to think about lol

anyway, cos my car is pinking that bad now, i can actually hear it - and u know what chip i got fitted lol im gona get me the unichip this month i think.

last time at john nobles it hit 156bhp.......same as craigs so im hoping on a superb gain really......

im also haveing my head done this month too, so its not gona be a cheap month to say the least, anyway, where did u get it done for 470 mate? was that all in? setup etc, rolling roads?

ive found a place in oxford that i think do it for 400 all in, but nobles want 500

Ray

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 06 May 2003

to my knowledge, no 172 is pushing out 172bhp which is slightly worrying
Its 172ps, not bhp, which works out 167bhp if I remember correctly. But then not many, if any at all, produce even 167bhp.

had 162 bhp from ser 1 172 after pipercross viper fitted.

rr the car again tmorrow will advise u what its got know with supperchip fitted.

doing it at aldon automotive tmorrow.

there is one main reason for a 172 to be underpowered.

This being the switch on the cam sensor. under the plastic cover and to the left, Renault have a serious problem with the swithes under the bonnet opening up under heat. this stops the signal to the ECU being sent when the oil pressure builds up actuating the vvt. a quick trip to renault direct to see if this is happening and we he 10 bhp back. hoping that it surely is sorted.

Will let everyone know the score tmorrow.

hi ray got it done at millway racing in andover, they done loads of nice cars supras scoobys bmws all the top cars not bad for £470 all in but you got a good price as well.

sounds good craigy. so you getting the suspension next? seemed in two minds when i spoke to you at the hampshire meet (btw shame you cant make it to the swindon meet we need someone to provide the tunes LOL)

yes gutted i cant come to, have to play someone elses tune brought some more as well, yes still in two minds about lowering, hopefully gettin m3 mirrors with indicators and a k-tec fast road brake kit with greenstuff pads on friday for the extra power i got:)

cheers craigy mate, yeah its gona have to be done, cos its even pinking under load at low rpm now, i just hoipe i aint done serious damage.......i know it takes alot of stick and time to detonate it but....well.....im sure u know what i mean.

im stillwaitig on this company to email me back about the price.

got there name from migweb forums, some astra saw about the same gain as u did from it.......so i really hope with the head i can get it over 175/180.

just have to see.....ppl have told me to run 98 ron and give it a good decoke, but truthfully, i know that aint gona do sod all really.....

the valver should run just fine on 95 ron and its had a decoke about 5 months back.

Ray

yes heads sound cool could be next for me then have to take it back for another session let me know how u get on good luck

yeah cheers matey i wil do

i think craig with the blue valver (williams lookalike, gold 17 multis etc) is gona get his done at same time......apparently his is now pinking too, ahem with same chip.

Ray

Quote: Originally posted by nicorme on 06 May 2003

there is one main reason for a 172 to be underpowered.

This being the switch on the cam sensor. under the plastic cover and to the left, Renault have a serious problem with the swithes under the bonnet opening up under heat. this stops the signal to the ECU being sent when the oil pressure builds up actuating the vvt. a quick trip to renault direct to see if this is happening and we he 10 bhp back. hoping that it surely is sorted.

Will let everyone know the score tmorrow.
May I ask how you know about this? Is it something that every dealer will know?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

hey, whos is the williams lookalike!!!! eh lol only got gold wheels!! lol

Just to clear things up are the bhp figures are at the fly? or at the wheels craigy?

Quote: Originally posted by craigy172 on 06 May 2003

wheels
Well thats a different kettle of fish then, lol - you could have a pretty nice figure at the Fly if anyone can work if out very roughly!