ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Understeer

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Finally fitted my Gaz Gold coilovers, went out for a quick blast and on hard cornering im getting quite bad understeer, much worse than I ever had on my FRP ZS with coils.

I want to get my coilovers setup but for the time being any quick advice to help stop this?

And whoever thinks the Gaz Golds are super stif clearly havnt used them, on the softest setting they are really quite soft!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Was setup with my old suspension but not since the coilovers have gone on.

BMW M135i
Probably down to them being Gaz, other than decent tyres and making sure the tracking is good its all down to the suspension. And theres a reason they're cheap compared to others.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
What an anal response lol :) they are just under £750 new, thats more expensive than H&R's at the moment. So its nothing to do with cost.

Im only running Yoko A539's which arnt great and I will get the tracking sorted tomorrow, see how it fairs from there!

BMW M135i
Anal? Answers the question doesn't it? :)

Well they're not that highly rated on here, maybe your expecting too much? People say they don't really get that good until your spending £1k+ on ledas etc.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Most people are happy with H&R's which are cheaper than my kit new?!

Anyway as per my first post I had less understeer with Avos which where £300 cheaper 2 cars ago! :eek: I was running Toyos then and abit lower but thats it.

meh! Tracking to be checked asap :)

BMW M135i
Yeah people are but its all about what your expecting, they want to go lower more than anything and they do so they're happy.

Has went from eibach springs to h&r's or fk's I can't remember and he reconed there wasn't that much difference between the two, not enough to warrent the cost for handling improvement anyway.

I've got eibach pro-kit springs on mine and i'm more than happy with the handling, amazed on a lot of occasions actually. So I guess it depend what your expecting.

I've found tyres make a big difference too.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had toyos on my old car with the avos and yokos a539's on this, also I had lower profile toyos 15's so less tyre folding under heavy cornering I guess would make sense?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Car is already nose down, I think I may have had the front shocks set abit hard to start with, ive sorted this out and it seems to be better :) Only 2 coils left now

Nikon D700
Cool - i have those yokos, and when i thundered it into a corner to test i just went straight on - that was set to hard too. Tyres are the weakest point at the moment.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
lol, same here I think, I only went straight enough to go into the other lane though :p

MKIII 138
springs ?

i had koni shocks and pi springs was rock hard but no understeer really direct. put the technically better and same ride height eibachs onto the koni shocks and bad understeer.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Strange, im just running the stock springs that come with the Gaz gold coils. Seems to be alright now anyways, abit bouncy on bumpy roads though but id expect that.