ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uneven brake wear

182 Cup
Now I've had a search under the same statement as my title, but got a specific question.

So far stripped the front drivers side brake to check as theres some uneven brake wear. Its visible on the pads, and you can feel it on the disc. We cleaned the carrier and caliper up a bit when we changed the brakes in July, although I will be giving it another clean.

However I took the slider pins out of the carrier to check if they had enough grease in and noticed theres some play in the top slider pin. How much issue will this cause short term?
Car will be off the road for pretty much 2 montha from the start of december so wondering if I can take my time sourcing a new carrier.

What other reasons cause uneven brake wear? I know braking on corners can to a certain extent which I have been guilty of a bit due to over exuberant cornering speeds.
Would re-bleeding the brakes have an effect on equalising the braking? They've been a bit spongey the last week or so, could be that?

Otherwise not sure so after some advice!

Cheers
bright