ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uneven idle?

182 Clio Sport
Hi, having recently bought my 182 clio I have noticed a slight problem. Whilst the car is sitting on idle, the revs seem to be slightly uneven. Therefore reving up slightly then down again. I have had it plugged into a diagnostics computer and it is not showing any faults. The car appears to be running fine with no problems with performance etc. Any ideas as to what this might be? Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

If there's no faults I don't know what to suggest other than try a different petrol!

Are you using standard 95 ron? I found mine to run and idle much better with the Super Unleaded, be it Momentum/V-power etc!

182 Clio Sport
Just using normal petrol at the minute. I'll maybe try out super unleaded or ultimate see if that does anything for her!

Just using normal petrol at the minute. I'll maybe try out super unleaded or ultimate see if that does anything for her!

If its any help my 182 does the same apparently quiet common and nothing to worry about , i run my religiously on 99 octane and it makes no difference to mine, its recently had a coil pack plugs and leads ( misfire under load) still idles poop but drives fine !!
If theres no codes i wouldnt worry too much they all idle crap!!

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
My 172 did this for the whole 2 years I had it, never missed a beat :)