ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unichip Dealers

Clio 172 Ph2

Anyone ever had any experience of the following garages?

They seem to be the only ones in my area (Essex) that can fit the Dastek Unichips.

BD Engineering
Bengry Motors
The Engine Tuner
Torque Developments

I just want to make sure mine isnt fitted by a bunch of cowboys :)

no I had mine fitted by owen developments in oxfordshire. They seem to know what thyre doing. however I will soon need a remap due to mods and I fancy trying another unichip dealer just to get a wider sample. Which of these guys you mentioned is nearer to the M25, and could you let me know which one you eventually use. I need a remap around the 21st.

Cheers, P

Hi Sangy, how was the holiday?

powerstation any good? what took you there after owen developments? more mods you havent told me about??

holiday was good although I travelled four hours on the plane for worse weather than you guys had here! I took it to powerstation as I was down that way and it needed remapping again due to a refit of my Viper. They were very helpful. Owen are good but as I was there in Cheltenham I had it done.

To be honest Ive finished with mods for the moment as my lease is up on the house so have to buy a new place, takes all my money im afraid! Still, im very happy with what ive got at the moment, same as you really.

rb 172,

please do not take your car to the engine tuner, they are part of benchsound now (they joined together) they were going to fit a unichip to my mates 106 gti (it has an induction kit+ s/s zorst) so he wanted to add a few more bhp.

the bloke couldnt guarantee any power gains,

he wouldnt give him a before and after graph and told him "i can draw you one"

and all together wanted £650 !! cos he said he needed a power boost valve ! (whether he did or not its still over priced)

needless to say we told him b*llocks !

Clio 172 Ph2

cat171,

Yeah thats the same b****cks they told me when I spoke to them on the phone. I told him Id never heard of anyone needing a power boost valve before.

He quoted me 450+vat for the chip and then another 70-80+vat for the valve.

Damn it, there has got to be somewhere that can do it!

I dont really mind driving somewhere futher away to have it done, but I obviously need it done in a day!

rb

im just glad you never let them near the car, my mate was ready to hand over the readies !

till i told him he was getting ripped off big time !!

they are a bloody con !!

Clio 172 Ph2

I think owens is too far for me to go. I hear there is a really good one in birmingham...perhaps Ill pop up there - its probably easier to get to

Thanks, Im thinking of getting mine uni-chipped but I want to fit a ViperX first - loved that pic of the silver colour coded one - thats what I want !! Shame Im all fingers and thumbs and cant do it myself :cry:

Clio 172 Ph2

Yeah I got a viper the other day too. Im booked into Elite on saturday for my exhaust so I hope the following saturday Ill be able to get it chipped!

I cant wait :)

Clio 172 Ph2

What Id like to know is where is the little breather addon?

He seems to have kept the original pipes? I wonder if thats better than using the ones provided?