ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unlocking iPhone 3gs on Orange, Problems.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Amy (my Mrs) has an iPhone 3gs on Orange. She rang up in January and asked for her phone to be unlocked and its still not been unlocked. Orange are messing about and they have still not unlocked the phone and they are refusing, saying that the phone is pay as you go and they can't unlock it?

Her original contract was a blackberry on Orange, the blackberry broke so she went to the orange shop and bought a 3gs on Orange (on PAYG) and put her sim card in it. Now they're messing about coming out with all sorts crap about why they can't unlock it.

How can I get the phone unlocked?

Thanks

CBR1000RR Fireblade
As above, rang Orange several times. Orange agreed to unlock the phone in the January, it's still not been unlocked. Amy spent most of last night on the phone with Orange getting passed from pillar to post getting nowhere and then being told that they can't unlock her phone because its registered to a different sim card (which it isn't) and they need her account details?

They don't need her account details from what I can gather, according to the Orange web site all she needs to give them is her email and her IMEI, which she has done already. So they still haven't unlocked the phone and Orange are so incompetent its's untrue.

So, how can i get the phone unlocked?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
You answered; phone Orange

I replied; We have phoned orange several times, they haven't/ won't unlock the phone.

How do I get the phone unlocked? (as in who else can unlock it)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Last edited:
  CBR1000RR Fireblade
"Who else can unlock it?" is a different question.

That would have been covered under "how can I get the phone unlocked?" in the first post then wouldn't it.

She just wants it unlocking so she can escape the rubbish network that is Orange, so far I am aware that there are 2 ways to do this. The first being to ring Orange, the second is to jail break it (which she doesn't want to do) are there any other ways to get it unlocked? can I take it to an orange shop and get more sense out of them rather than an Indian call centre?

I know Admin have orange names but that's different.

You need Orange the phone company. Maybe this is what confused you.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
NO

PHONE ORANGE

As you seem incapable of reading I will tell you again,

I HAVE PHONED ORANGE SEVERAL TIMES AND THEY WILL NOT UNLOCK THE PHONE.

This is despite them telling us that they will unlock it, then not not unlocking it and them then saying that they can't unlock it (but won't give me a reason why they can't unlock it).

You posting the same childish response over and over again isn't helping me get the phone unlocked. Instead of this why didn't someone reply to my OP simply saying "Gouldy, the only way you're going to get your iPhone unlocked is to speak to orange mate. You can't do it any other way I'm afraid"

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Amy (my Mrs) has an iPhone 3gs on Orange. She rang up in January and asked for her phone to be unlocked and its still not been unlocked. Orange are messing about and they have still not unlocked the phone and they are refusing, saying that the phone is pay as you go and they can't unlock it?

Her original contract was a blackberry on Orange, the blackberry broke so she went to the orange shop and bought a 3gs on Orange (on PAYG) and put her sim card in it. Now they're messing about coming out with all sorts crap about why they can't unlock it.

How can I get the phone unlocked?

Thanks

Anyone know how I can get this phone unlocked ?

Phone Orange.

Did you see this post?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Yes I did, I have rang orange.

Instead of coming out with stupid answers why didn't you say (Revels or Tom) that the only way to get the phone unlocked is to ring Orange. There are no other ways.

That would of answered my question, instead you chose to play silly games for some bizarre reason in an effort to make me look illiterate. Why could you not simply answer the question?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
We did answer the question. There is only one answer.

If there were more answers, we would have told you.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
So why not just reply like I mentioned in post #16?

Again, I have rang Orange 20 + times and they will not unlock the phone.

If I ring them again they will only tell me the same they told me the first 20 times we rang.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Try a store? They will still ring orange, but they might have more luck than someone phoning up and repeating "how I can get this phone unlocked ?" over and over

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I can give it a try, I haven't been into store with it yet to try get it unlocked. I might have more luck rather than speaking to someone repeating "phone Orange" over and over

I would have thought speaking to someone who actually works for Orange would be better than moaning on a forum.

Maybe lose the attitude when you speak to them. Nobody likes rudeness.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I would have thought speaking to someone who actually works for Orange would be better than moaning on a forum.

Yes, yes it would. After speaking to several different Orange employees I was at a dead end and I thought I would try CS for some help. The admin on this site know their stuff about Apple and Apple products so I thought I would give it a shot.

Maybe lose the attitude when you speak to them. Nobody likes rudeness.

No attitude here, attitude gets no results.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It would seem I am not the only one to have issues with this (the link and page is about iPhone 4's but it will be the same rules for the 3GS);

http://www.allaboutiphone.net/2011/01/you-can-now-unlock-your-iphone-4-from-o2-and-orange/

​"Unlocking iPhone from Orange

It seems Orange have a 3 month waiting period in their Ts & Cs for Pay Monthly customers, after which you can contact customer services and give them the IMEI of your iPhone (to get this, go into the phone keypad, enter *#06# and press call). They will then authorise the unlock, although it’ll cost you £20.

Some people are having real problems getting the unlock approved, going round in circles with Orange support staff.
And there’s a further problem: if you bought your iPhone with an Orange SIM from Apple, Orange will refuse to unlock it. But so will Apple, as you’re an Orange customer. What’s the solution to that? The Sales of Goods Act states that your relationship is with the company you bought it from – which would indicate it’s Apple. But, if your contract is signed with Orange, and Apple insist your carrier needs to process the unlock, you’re stuck. Complain, and you may get your unlock."

Audi A3
when i was looking to get mine done, the sim card/phone needs to be registered, i think, with said person for a period of time (not sure how long this is) before orange will put an unlock request through

CBR1000RR Fireblade
when i was looking to get mine done, the sim card/phone needs to be registered, i think, with said person for a period of time (not sure how long this is) before orange will put an unlock request through

It's 3 months minimum (I think) they have to have been orange customers. Amy has been with orange 4 years and she has had her iPhone for 6 months so I am pretty certain that this is not the issue. It is frustrating when they won't tell us why they won't unlock it, especially when they said in January that they would.

How come she bought an Orange PAYG version instead of a sim-free from Apple?

Aren't the Orange ones about the same cost?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
When she bought it in September from Orange the handset cost her £310. The same phone from Apple was £370 ish IIRC. Looking back, it was a mistake and she should have paid more to get an unlocked iPhone. We didn't know at the time of purchase how difficult it would be to get the handset unlocked when her contract with Orange was up.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Win!

After the farce Amy had and how much of a joke Orange are she decided to take the situation higher.​ After speaking to a very helpful young man at Orange in escalated complaints we finally got results. The arrogant staff member we spoke to has been given a warning (apparently) the phone has been unlocked, Orange have apologised profusely for the farce we have endured and they have logged what has gone on and they have agreed that its unacceptable.

So its all been sorted, happy days. Orange are a below par network IMO, I left them and now Amy has left them. Their response when she told them she is leaving them; "good for you". How's that for customer service?