ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't receive call from wife's phone since swapping to giffgaff

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm posting this here in the hope that someone may have a suggestion on how to resolve this.

I've had my iPhone 5 for 2 years on Vodafone with no issues whatsoever.

About a month ago I switched to giffgaff and at the same time upgraded my phones software to the latest OS.

Since doing this my wife has been unable to ring me. She just gets 3 beeps and that's it. She can send me texts no issues at all (iMessage and normal texts both ok). I can also receive calls from other numbers without any issues. It's just my wife that cannot phone me.

I've spoken to giffgaff several times via messages and they have suggested the standard 'turn phone off, sim swap, check blocked number' etc all of which I've tried without success. They've tried to suggest a handset issue but I think that's highly unlikely because this only happened immediately after the giffgaff switch/iOS update.

My wife has also spoken to Vodafone who said they can't see any issues with her phone.

I've tried googling the issue without much success.

We are planning to go into Vodafone shop on Saturday but was hoping someone on here may have some suggestions.

Cheers

Ron

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Cheers guys. Had a long convo with Tom earlier on messenger. It's an enigma tbh. Tom thinks it's may be an issue caused by giffgaff when my number was ported over.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Its not making a connection at all. She just gets the 3 beeps you get if you were to try and call a number that doesn't exist. It's rather perplexing!

I've just upgraded my phone to the latest iOS and it's not resolved the issue. I can only assume it's as Tom suggested whereby the port over to giffgaff has been fucked up.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Its not making a connection at all. She just gets the 3 beeps you get if you were to try and call a number that doesn't exist. It's rather perplexing!

I've just upgraded my phone to the latest iOS and it's not resolved the issue. I can only assume it's as Tom suggested whereby the port over to giffgaff has been fucked up.
it doesn't really work like that though, it normally works or it doesn't. I would suggest trying your sim in another phone so you can rule out the phone (i.e swap phones with your wife). Also might sound like a really dumb thing to suggest, but make sure your wife has credit if shes on a payg service :p

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
She's not on PAYG she's on a Vodafone contract.

I can't swap sims with her as her phone is locked to Vodafone.

How can it be my handset if everyone else can phone me without any issues?

We've both done sim swaps and that hasn't sorted it either.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
it sounds more like an issue with vodaphone as opposed to giffgaff then. If they haven't released you number in there system it could be trying to connect to your old sim; i.e Vodaphone In > uses vodaphone database for call connection > vodaphone finds your old sim registered beside number > call fails.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
May have finally got to the bottom of this issue.

Spoke to the porting team at Vodafone and they said I am experiencing a 'split service'. They told me to get giffgaff to email them explaining that and it should get sorted. Fingers crossed!!

Ahh nice!

I had a similar thing during the port of my number to GiffGaff (for about 12 hours), I could call/text from the new sim, but calls and texts went to my old sim xD

Sounds like you had something similar to that, but it never got fully ported over!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Result mate.

When you find out what was wrong can you let me know so I can replicate..

Yeah will do mate [emoji6]

Ahh nice!

I had a similar thing during the port of my number to GiffGaff (for about 12 hours), I could call/text from the new sim, but calls and texts went to my old sim xD

Sounds like you had something similar to that, but it never got fully ported over!

giffgaff customer services are awful lol but I suppose we can't complain as that's why it's so cheap.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Glad it's sorted
On another note though, how are you finding Giff gaff so far?

I changed over at xmas and I've not looked back since