ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unlocking iphone 4

Honda & VW
As I've now got a 5 I'm selling my 4, however it seems its best to have it unlocked.
I just went to request this online but I'm asked for the phone number, I have kept my number so technically the phone doesn't have one. I'm hesitant to put in my current number incase it causes issue with my 5.

What's the gag with this?

Honda & VW
Was hoping to do it online as I get narked off being on the phone for ages. However if that's the only way I can do it then I suppose I will have to

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Are you with o2?

If so get a PAYG sim card, make a chargeable call. Wait a day. Do the online form using PAYG number and it'll do it for you.

Not sure how much it costs, it's free if you're on a monthly contract.

Assuming your iPhone 4 sim doesn't work now? Put the nano sim into an adaptor put it back in the 4 then do the online form once you've made a few calls. Use the 4 until it's unlocked.

Phone o2 up and give them the IMEI number of the phone.

They then send the number to Apple who unlock the phone on their database.

I just did this when I bought my 5, although I'm with Vodafone.

I work for o2 customer serice lol give customer service a call with your number even if your no longer with o2 they will still have your records, from your number they can get an IMEI and then the request will be sent to Apple to have it unlocked, you will be advised about a 30 day wait but Apple turn it around in about 7 days.

Regarding you comment about the iPhone 5 if you just processed it as an upgrade then back office should know what phone you want unlocking as atm you "cant" unlock an iPhone 5.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I work for o2 customer serice lol give customer service a call with your number even if your no longer with o2 they will still have your records, from your number they can get an IMEI and then the request will be sent to Apple to have it unlocked, you will be advised about a 30 day wait but Apple turn it around in about 7 days.

Regarding you comment about the iPhone 5 if you just processed it as an upgrade then back office should know what phone you want unlocking as atm you "cant" unlock an iPhone 5.

Mine took 3 hours lol.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Pretty sure you have to phone them. It'll be on their website to tell you what you have to do.

ITB BG 182
Im with Tesco Mobile and gave them the IMEI number for the phone, they said because it does not have a sim card in it I would have to be connected to the internet via WiFi.
Within a few hours it was done and even got a notification to say it was completed.

Golf R soon...
Recently got my iphone 4 unlocked through Orange for £20. They just add the charge to your bill.

Honda & VW
Pretty sure you have to phone them. It'll be on their website to tell you what you have to do.

on the website it states the following, but i have a new phone which has taken place of the one i wish to unlock so i don't get what i can do?
"We can only supply unlock codes for existing Vodafone pay monthly customers and the phone/IMEI associated with your account."

on the website it states the following, but i have a new phone which has taken place of the one i wish to unlock so i don't get what i can do?
"We can only supply unlock codes for existing Vodafone pay monthly customers and the phone/IMEI associated with your account."

iPhones don't require an unlocking code. It's all done centrally on Apples servers. You just need to supply Vodafone with the IMEI number of the phone you want to unlock and then they contact Apple to get it unlocked !

Honda & VW
iPhones don't require an unlocking code. It's all done centrally on Apples servers. You just need to supply Vodafone with the IMEI number of the phone you want to unlock and then they contact Apple to get it unlocked !

The other thing on the form they ask for is the Mobile Number, but I have carried this number on to my Iphone 5

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Quick Q about this.

I've bought a phone which is locked to O2, doesn't have a SIM or anything and my current contract is with Orange so I need it unlocked to them.

Help me out! Who do I ring and from what phone, my current 4 or do I have to go buy an O2 SIM to stick on the new phone and do it from there?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Quick Q about this.

I've bought a phone which is locked to O2, doesn't have a SIM or anything and my current contract is with Orange so I need it unlocked to them.

Help me out! Who do I ring and from what phone, my current 4 or do I have to go buy an O2 SIM to stick on the new phone and do it from there?

Get O2 PAYG sim card. Put £20 on it. Make a chargeable with new sim card. Go online and IM advisor or go through the unlocking form. They will charge you £15 to do this, hence the £20 of credit.

Done this early this year and it was done within 24 hours. From getting sim card to unlock.