ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Up to date pics of my track car!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Been building a track car out of my ph1 172 while im at uni and dont need a car to drive. Been working on it all easter and this is how it stands now!!

full thread here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...roject!-(bit-of-a-read)&p=8600992#post8600992

thanks, C+C welcome!! :)

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

Sorry, went a bit overboard on the pics, wasnt sure which to upload so i just did loads!! :)

this is still a working progress so there are a lot more mods to come!

Last edited:
  Lotus Elise
Re: Up to date pics of my track car! maybe not 56k friendly!!

Sort the harness mounting out mate ;)

LOL jk! Lovely looking car, whats the spec list?

Lotus Elise
The mounting places are 3mm steel and theres a plate on both sides of the shell. do you not think this is sufficient??

God Ben ...

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
was meant to read the mounting PLATES are 3mm steel....but the same thing!!

cheers guys but i was really hoping i wouldnt be asked for a spec list...

ive been typing for ages updating my project thread but ill write a spec list after ive had some dinner!! :)

and Ben, i see no reason for crossing, but please feel free to educate me! :) (without turning my thread into a harness debate please!! theres an active one right here for that!! http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...s-Half-Cage-and-Airbags&p=8600802#post8600802).

Astra gsi turbo
i hate silver cars but i have seen a few silver ph 1s lately and im actually looking for 1 myself, nice job

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Spec list

Suspension
Gaz GHA coilovers
Eibach camber bolts
Ktec Camber shims
whiteline ARB
Goodridge Braided lines*
Renualt rear discs/pads
Brembo HC front discs*
Carbone Lorraine Front pads*
Pure motorsport solid topmounts
powerflex wishbone bushes*
powerflex ARB bushes*
mk1 non-PAS rack/column*
Speedline vega (valver) wheels with parada spec2 tyres

Engine
STANDARD POWER!!
Vibratechnics Mounds
Polybush Dogbone
Green cotton airfilter*
Ktec decat*
magnex centre section
odessy battery behind drivers seat*
valver alternator
R19 alternator brackets to bypass AC and PAS

Interior
Stripped out (duh)
painted white
custom harness bar
OMP 4point 3" race harnesses
Custom start pannel with battery isolator
Sabelt cup racer wheel with quick release boss*
manual window winders**
poverty spec dash top**

Body
Aerocatch bonnet
catched boot
poverty spec mirrors
poverty spec foglight blanks
1.2 badges*
silvervisions
sunstrip (no visors)
rear wiper removed
arial removed
black badges

* - Items owned but not yet fitted
**- Items not yet owned but on "to do" list

i think thats it for the spec for now, as you can see theres still a lot of work to do. ive been focusing on the interior atm so im glad its appreciated. when i come back in the summer ill be sorting the front end and engine bay!!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
very mixed opinion on the wheels!! i only put them on because they already had the paradas already on them, but theyve since grown on me!!

No perpex windows just yet!! i want to keep it road legal and road bearable!! plus ive got to work to a budget! hence the standard power!!

im only running standard rear discs and pads, didnt see the point in putting money into the rears as the do so little. and as above, on a budget!!

As for outings, the next and first outing will hopefully be in the summer funds and project completion dependant, ill be doing brands as its quite local to me.

after that im not sure, im a full time uni student so not really going to have a chance to use it that often unfortunatley term breaks only :( but ill try to get to as many sessions as i can afford!!

330i. E30 Touring.
Looks good.

Get a fuel rail guard back on there though.

Stove it up the arse of someone and you could well know about it!

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
Have you chopped the stiffeners beneath the seat to fit your seat rails in??

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
very nice but those Ph2 wheels weight a ton!!!!

Seems a shame imo

they dont weigh any more than my oz f1's, i may consider changing to suppalaggera's (sp) at a later date when the tyres die on these!!

Looks good.

Get a fuel rail guard back on there though.

Stove it up the arse of someone and you could well know about it!

this is the same set up as all of the itb, plus the ph1s had the fuel cut out switch.
ill probs dig it out and refit it in the final build though.

Have you chopped the stiffeners beneath the seat to fit your seat rails in??

theyre not really stiffeners, theyre only spot welded in.
they act as seat frames more than anything else. but a rear cage is going in soon, and will more than likely evolve into a full cage for the final result!

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
theyre not really stiffeners, theyre only spot welded in.
they act as seat frames more than anything else. but a rear cage is going in soon, and will more than likely evolve into a full cage for the final result!

They are stiffeners.... spot welds doesn't mean it's not structural, most car bodies are spot welded together. We welded in a box section between these 2 ribs on our race car to maintain the rigid structure, looks like this:
DSC02935.jpg

Rb 182
Looks excellent mate. Much better than mines.

My first outing is 22nd april. Hoping to get a few more bits done to mines and actually make it.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
theyre the pins i used,

and what do you mean? boot shut with the pins??

like this??

IMG_0639.jpg

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i think they look awesome tbh, i need to tighten mine up as the ring rattles with the exhaust note! lol

172/1.2/E30
Looks good. Would even look better without centre caps on the wheels and the aero-catches fitted the right way round ;)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

i tried them without centre to begin with!! wasnt a fan tbh.

and as for the catches, there was nothing in my instructions stating that they had to be the other way round, and i can find plenty of examples of them mounted in this fassion on race cars, even one in the aerocatch home page banner!! lol. im sure theyll be fine! :)

172/1.2/E30
Hmm, thought i read it somewhere in the instructions. Should be alright then. Looks great without the caps imo. ;) Ph-quick sticker is awesome aswell. Could be a reason to get myself a ph1 at a later date.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks great that does. A 172 ph2 bumper would sort the rear out.
But It's a waste of a good budget I guess.

I love the look of ph1 172's.

Did you buy it with full exterior etc????

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Hmm, thought i read it somewhere in the instructions. Should be alright then. Looks great without the caps imo. ;) Ph-quick sticker is awesome aswell. Could be a reason to get myself a ph1 at a later date.

i found the pic advising against having them this way around when i looked online after you said it!! :(
but if its ok for the audi R8 gt car, then im sure itll be fine on mine!! :D

ph1s are where its at, i always liked the ph-quick sticker on them!! lol

dmallett, defs specsavers time ;) im looking for a poverty spec dash with a tray instead as obvious removal of airbags is an MOT no-no!!

cswalmslet, check the project thread i linked!! i bought it as a bog standard MOT failure for £500!

and ash, i so want to drive it, it actually hurt, ive sat in it and made car noises on more than one occasion!! :(