ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Update - Fitted my H.I.D's (Need opinions).

Renault Clio 16v 1.2
Update - fitted my H.I.D's about a week ago now, got them from HIDS4U.co.uk, they are the H7R 35w pro plus kit (6000k - well I dont thinks so) , there great but the only problem is, I dont think they sent me the correct bulbs, I selected 6000k temp bulbs and the recites and the invoice say they are but after fitting them they are a pure white night and day, no slight blue tinge at all, Replacement bulbs are £58 from them so...

What temp bulbs do you think these are? I think 5000k but need opinions?

attachment.php

??

Last edited:
Every 6000K kit I've owned (3 in total) have been pure white if that helps. Had a set of 6000K bulbs in my old 172 xenons which were the same story. All from different companies too.

EDIT: For example

SAM_0425.jpg

Maybe 5000k maybe 6000k, hard to tell as you've got them in the wrong lenses. When I had 6000k, you could only notice the tinge of blue on the projector, 8000k and 1000k are a lot more noticable for their blue tinge.

Best advice would be to remove them.

I had pretty much the same kit in my Clio and was forever getting flashed etc. The police are severely clamping down on illegal HIDs.

It doesn't matter if they are H7 bulbs or H7R bulbs and it doesn't matter if you have them "setup correctly", the fact is, they are not designed for the headlights fitted to your car and WILL blind drivers coming in the opposite direction.

This is coming from experience and not just me saying it because everyone else does.

Renault Clio 16v 1.2
There H7R bulbs and I have had the headlights set up tonight on a MOT beam setter at my old mans work. They were a bit low but now adjusted to the right height! Not been flashed yet and it gives out a good line which flicks up to the left. Main beams next. :D I understand there illegal, My dads an MOT tester.

There H7R bulbs and I have had the headlights set up tonight on a MOT beam setter at my old mans work. They were a bit low but now adjusted to the right height! Not been flashed yet and it gives out a good line which flicks up to the left. Main beams next. :D I understand there illegal, My dads an MOT tester.

Best advice would be to remove them.

I had pretty much the same kit in my Clio and was forever getting flashed etc. The police are severely clamping down on illegal HIDs.

It doesn't matter if they are H7 bulbs or H7R bulbs and it doesn't matter if you have them "setup correctly", the fact is, they are not designed for the headlights fitted to your car and WILL blind drivers coming in the opposite direction.

This is coming from experience and not just me saying it because everyone else does.

Please re-read :)

BMW M135i
You want shooting for fitting them as said, Clio halogen reflectors scatter like fvck with hids fitted.

Black Gold Trophy
The projector lenses can be picked up fairly cheap on their own, however it's easier to buy them complete unless you want to bodge an aftermarket xenon kit in them or you will need to buy the ballasts, D2S bulbs and ignitors seperately.

Then once you have done all that you will have the CS police on your ass about not having auto levelling and headlamp washers!